Welcome to the Basement Watchdog CONNECT® mobile app. We have been protecting basements from flooding for decades! Use this app to monitor, see the status, and receive alert notifications from your Basement Watchdog CONNECT® product. This app also offers product information and product support including FAQs and other options.
• Monitor status of your backup sump pump system
• Receive push notifications of potential problems
• Edit alert settings of WiFi modules
• Research product information
• Customer support (online, phone, or email)
In order to monitor the status of your backup sump pump, you will need to have a Basement Watchdog CONNECT® system and a Basement Watchdog CONNECT® WiFi Module linked to a Wi-Fi network. This will allow for remote monitoring of battery, power and pump activity. If a potential problem arises, the status page will display a red warning and explain the specific problem. In addition to the status page, you will be notified via email, text message, or push notification. All three notification methods can be disabled or enabled through the app.
List of Compatible Pump Systems:
• Basement Watchdog Special Plus CONNECT (BWSP)
• Basement Watchdog Big Dog Plus CONNECT (BWD12-120)
• Basement Watchdog Big Combo CONNECT (BW4000)
Fixes under the hood
Ratings and Reviews
Easy Setup, Limited Practicality
1) I have only modest tech skills but following the video setup link and reference to the instruction manual, I was able to link the WiFi unit to my BW Connect and smartphone app without difficulty.
2) It basically alerts you a loss of WiFi connectivity (which would be expected when the power goes out, unless you also have your modem & router on a power backup UPS), and alerts you to activation of the backup pump (providing your modem & router have power at that time).
Furious first time user
I just received this Wi-Fi connectivity module from Home Depot online order. I was quite happy and excited to get it hooked up but the app will not let me go as far as to connecting to this device. The app keeps telling me it’s trying to connect to an unsecured network which is in accurate because this is my own private network and it gives no option but to go back so this is like Groundhog Day as every time I try app only gives the same answer without any second option. I will be returning this for a full refund if I don’t hear back from the developer in reference to this issue again I just installed it within a few minutes of opening this package.
Downloaded this app multiple times (multiple devices) and it constantly crashes the moment you open it, or the moment you attempt to login; every time you open it afterwards it crashes again and again and again.
Spent a lot of $ because this app is stated as a feature on their companies sump pump systems. This needs to be fixed ASAP or I’m simply returning their product for another companies with a full operational capabilities.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to you. A fix has been in the works, which is now ready and usable for you. Please try using the app again for a better experience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Glentronics, INC
- 246.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright ©2018 BASEMENT WATCHDOG, All Right Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.