Enjoy BBC History Magazine, the UK's best-selling history magazine, on your iPhone and iPad. Dive into the latest issue, download the entire back issue collection and save more with a subscription.
Each month we assemble leading experts to explore a wide range of British, American and international historical topics – from ancient civilisations to the two world wars. Our historians tackle the key events and personalities of the past, as well as shining a light on lesser-known areas and explaining how the latest research changes our understanding.
Every issue also contains a comprehensive reviews section, inspiring ideas for heritage visits, breaking history news and the historical background behind current events.
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email email@example.com or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using the BBC History Magazine app! Here are the latest enhancements you'll find in our update:
*General bug fixes
*Improved download experience
We're constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Great reading experience
The print quality and the contents are excellent which is why I bought the app subscription and it did not let me down. The articles have accompanying podcast which is great and I wish they could install this podcast for all articles not just a few in each issue. Also the special issues are great but not as interactive as the regular issues. When you want to download multiple issues simultaneously the queued issues may not sometimes download automatically but this won’t bother you. Overall excellent magazine with good app.
I have to read every issue front to back, well not everything but I just enjoy this magazine and bonus issues, the app will sometimes make it hard to get the older issues but over all it very. Also I bought the special sale for the whole of back issues and the years in one package. If they offer that again it a no brainer buy it.
A keeper, but could be better
I got the trial subscription and will keep it, at least for a year. The content is interesting and well laid out, but I expected better.
On the technical side, I really wish you included landscape mode as it’s really awkward holding an iPad in portrait mode.
While I found the articles in the one issue I’ve read interesting, they’re pretty shallow. I read all of them in a little over an hour. I wish you included at least one article that was more like a meal than an appetizer.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 38.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription $5.49
- Trial Subscription $57.99
- BBC History Magazine Apple News $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.