BEATSURFING transforms music production and performance.
With its movement-based approach, BEATSURFING opens the door to creative expression like never before in music creation. Quickly sketch out ideas, integrate them into your music and use your creations for a compelling live performance.
Looking for that perfect snare, or have you sampled the perfect kick?
Browse other producers’ instruments or layouts then tweak or replace samples with your own to get the sound you’re looking for.
This is only the beginning!
The app is currently in Early Access with a focus on Drum instruments. We are working hard to expand the functionality of BEATSURFING, from expanding the current Ableton link integration to integrating with all DAWS and controllers, we have many things coming soon.
- BEATSURFING EDITOR: Place, resize, and color instruments
- BEATSURFING BROWSER: Drag & Drop instruments/samples and play them
- BEATSURFING CONNECT: Create connections between instruments
- BEATSURFING MIXER: Mix instruments together
- BEATSURFING INSTRUMENT CATALOG: Some instruments are free and can be tweaked. Paymium instruments can be used as-is and be played. Unlocked users have access to all instrument parameters.
- ABLETON LINK: Link and sync with your DAW or favorite devices
- MIDI OUT: Control your favorite synths and drum machines with midi instruments
- SAMPLE IMPORT: Import your own samples
- SAMPLE TRIM: Keep the part of the sample you want
- INSTRUMENT PRESETS: Use the existing presets or create your own
- New instruments are added every month
- Looper with multiple layers
- AUV3 Host
- AUV3 Plug-in
- Customize and design interactions between instruments
- Midi In (play with external controller)
- Melody based instruments
- More visual customization
- Additional effects and filters
BEATSURFING does not have subscriptions, we decided to keep it easy:
- Free install and use of the software with access to 5 editable instruments.
- A one-time In-App Purchase for the full app + 12 months of instruments and feature add-ons to keep forever. (And bug fixes for life)
- After 12 months, upgrade to get the next 12 months of instruments and features. You choose whether and when to upgrade.
Have questions or ideas? We want to hear your thoughts. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you would like to see!
New stuff is live!
- New onboarding experience/map for those who are new to BEATSURFING 2.
- We have added a 7-day free trial for those who want to try the full unlock before purchasing.
- Enhanced UI - brighter, shinier, sexier and cleaner than before!
Vote for your favorite features in the roadmap to let us know what you want the most: beatsurfing.com/next-features
Ratings and Reviews
No AU or IAA support (yet)
I love this app! It really is great, but until I can use it in Loopy Pro or AUM it is useless to my setup. I want to be able to start off a fresh improv set with some sweet samurai swiped beats, but I cannot. I will change my rating when this is implemented. I know there are talks of plans for this update, but everyone is already using AUs and IAA for so many things, why the wait? Not to be harsh, but that’s how I feel. Love the app, but I will love it more when it works with the firmly established iOS music ecosystem!
Developer Response ,
Understandable the want for Auv/AUM, we have a ticket and will get to it. Its not just a flip of a switch, but we are working towards it. Keep creating, and we will get there :)
This is dope! So glad to see beatsurfing back, and self sufficient. The best beat making tools are things that don’t slow you down. The one flaw in this app is the file system. It would be amazing to just skip it, and use the “files” system on my iPad. Other than that everything is pretty amazing for making beats. I have gotten a couple crashes when trying delete a sample from the list. Feature request: Would be amazing to see a “chopping” instrument… something that takes long files, and allows start point to be manipulated by other instruments.. anyway, just go get it… it’s sick.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestions. We are working now on making the import samples/file system better, we know its rough as is. Great idea on the feature request, will add that to our user wishlist. If you have any other suggestions or issues, please reach out to us on social or via email, we would love to hear your feedback!
No AU or IAA is very limiting
This is a truly unique and customizable instrument/drum machine! At first glance it looks confusing but the tutorial vid is well thought out and gives insight on how to play it. After a minute or two it’s very addicting and I have so many ideas to incorporat this into my work…. BUT the lack of basic Audio Unit and IAA support on an Apple device keeps it on the shelf for me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DRUW Audio
- 162.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Druw Audio srl
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock BEATSURFING $29.99
- 7-day Free trial $0.00