• Compatibility with latest iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Latest update doesn’t fix anything
I use this app because at most times during my work day, I am away from my computer. However, the latest update claims to fix problems, but I feel it has created much more. I need to write a review because the “App Support” link in the Apple store goes to page that no longer works. That’s a big fail!
Here are some bugs that I hope you actually fix in your next update:
1. I have a rogue email in my inbox. It has no sender and no content. But when I go to delete it, it stays in my inbox. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but there it is. I do not have any hidden items on my corporate email so it appears it is a bug in the software.
2. When my phone goes to attempt to correct a word, the app will not let me click the “x” on the screen to cancel the auto change. Instead I have to backspace and continue typing the word.
3. There is no way to hide the cc and bcc lined when replying to an email. So if my email has a couple hundred recipients, I need to scroll down half the page to actually view where I am typing.
4. The sent items folder should be at the top of the screen for easy access.
Terrible performance on the iPad Pro
I’m giving this app 1 star only because it technically works and lets me check and send email and deal with my calendar, which is nice. But there are two big issues I consistently encounter and have literally encountered since I first got my iPad Pro about 2 years ago. 1) As many others have stated, performance on the iPad Pro is just god awful, and I have no idea why. It drains the battery, and it makes the device crawl unless it’s force-killed. I really don’t like to force-kill apps, but this one leaves me no choice. This is absolutely unacceptable because it means that either a) BlackBerry isn’t testing its apps on the iPad Pro, which is just programming negligence, or b) BlackBerry is testing its apps on the iPad Pro and simply doesn’t care about the terrible performance. Both options are completely unacceptable after so long. 2) For some reason, actions I take with this app are often not mirrored on the email server. For example, if I delete or move an email that’s in my inbox and then later check my email using an actual Outlook client, the email is often still sitting in my inbox. I can conjecture why this might happen, but I don’t really know.
I don’t see why users hate it so much.
I’m a network admin that uses this service daily. Well installs, configures, and manages daily. I have no real issue with this bundle, users tend to hate it but I think that lies more along the line of the lack of ability to remember a password or other basic and simple instructions. The network admins are the ones who have to configure the server and get it installed on end point devices. I don’t know why the users complain that it’s the devs fault when it’s technically their IT department that’s lacking in the training of its use.
3.5/5 stars from me because listening to everyone complain makes it harder to work with.
P.S. if you want it to work let your IT department actually work with you and slow down while letting them show you what to do. 20 minutes to fix a problem is better than it not working for months.
- Good Technology
- 72.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2009-2019 BlackBerry Limited. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.