Take control of your time!
Stay focused and improve productivity with BlockSite! Block any distracting or harmful websites and break bad habits today - no self-control required!
BlockSite is a great self-control app that does all the work for you and helps to control your browsing content!
You’ll be able to avoid procrastination, increase concentration, and have a much better time control from the second you start using the app. And if that’s not enough, you'll be able to focus on what really matters and not waste time online, surfing the web pointlessly.
With BlockSite, the concept is simple: Select the categories you want to block on Chrome, Firefox, Aloha, Puffin, Safari or Opera Touch, add your chosen sites to the list manually to help you limit screen time and improve productivity and we'll take care of the rest. In just a few clicks, you'll be free from distractions, addictions and be able to stop putting things off, stay focused for longer, and improve your productivity!
Block distracting sites - BlockSite blocks URLS split into categories for your convenience.
Flexible blocking options - You can decide whether you want to block whole categories or just certain websites within a category.
Block by category - Categories include social media, adult content, news, gambling, and sport to name a few!
Password protection - Avoid procrastinating by locking your settings & block list with a passcode.
Add sites manually or select from predefined categories to stay productive. If you've ever wanted to know how to block a website on Chrome, Firefox, Aloha, Puffin, Safari, or Opera Touch, BlockSite has the answer! BlockSite is a browser website blocker now available on iOS that allows you to free yourself from distractions, control addictions and improve productivity.
With Password Protection you can keep your site and block lists secure and harder to change. By setting a password it will be that bit harder to procrastinate, waste time and change your settings.
SOCIAL SITES BLOCKER
If you find yourself wasting lots of productive hours on social sites or checking out your news feed too much you can use our social site blocker which is great for students and professionals alike to increase workplace productivity and allow students to stay smart!
Addicted to gambling or porn sites? Block these sites with the click of a button - simply toggle the desired category to on and you're all set.
Don't let the digital world make you constantly lose concentration. Use BlockSite as a time management app to help you stop wasting time and to stay focused on the things that really matter. Start controlling the amount of time you spend on websites by removing distractions from your life, the easy way!
You asked, we delivered! After many of you got in touch about BlockSite for the Safari browser - it is now available! You can now block websites that are distracting or harmful on Safari and stay productive and focused while browsing.
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH
Terms of Service: https://blocksite.co/terms/
We're always making changes and improvements to BlockSite.
To make sure you don't miss anything, keep your updates turned on.
In this version:
* App blocking is partially available in beta. Add the url of an app you want to block (for example slack.com, facebook.com, twitter.com) and the app will be blocked as well. NOTE: You might see the last stored state of the app (so some of your feed will show) but no new content will load.
* Fixed a bug where blocking stopped for users and the VPN had to be restarted
Ratings and Reviews
I love that app and it does its job super well but of there was one super big thing I would add is a lock on the app. Right now if you try and set a screen time timer you can’t take of anything less that a minute which is more than enough time to turn off the blocker. I’m the type of person that who needs more brute force to stop me because a simple reminder doesn’t really do it. All in suggesting is maybe a combination lock that a friend would set so there’s no way to turn off the blocker without completely deleting the app.
blocks requested sites & slows down all web use
Does this app do what it is supposed to? Yes. It blocks my requested sites, and it’s easy to add customized lists.
Does this app do a little more than I’d like it to? Yes. It slows down all of my web browsing & often blocks websites that shouldn’t be blocked. It takes me multiple (~5) refreshes to load a single webpage when I have this app installed. Don’t even bother trying to complete an order of any kind because loading that many pages in sequence is impossible. I ended up deleting it the first time I downloaded it because of this issue. But I downloaded it bc my goal is to use my phone less, and if it’s a nightmare to click on any webpage, I tend to get frustrated and put my phone down —> goal accomplished.
TLDR; yes it blocks your chosen websites, but it occasionally blocks & always slows down all other websites as well.
Good, but some issues.
So like another person, I use this on my laptop. Specifically on Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge to prevent from impulse buying and going on SNS and it helps out a lot. When I saw this for iOS I was crazy happy because I really love this service...but there’s an issue I have that’s similar to what was reported.
1. The app’s VPN constantly turns off on its own & also turns off my connection, whether I use data & have data roaming on or use Wi-fi. I still surf the web, but I also play a lot of app games that require internet connection, and use my phone for school & work related stuff as well so this is a huge problem for me and it makes it harder to do things.
2. It...somewhat blocks the sites I use. It’ll give me a notification saying it was blocked but I can still see the site on other apps (like when someone sends me a link via Instagram to one of the blocked sites, I can still completely see it). But it likes to disconnect and block sites that aren’t on my block list.
I REALLY do hope this app gets updated and these issues get fixed at some point because while I’m glad this exists and its very helpful for my mental health, its also a pain to deal with sometimes. 😣
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BlockSite LP
- 54.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 BlockSite
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $3.99
- Annual Subscription $23.99
- Monthly Subscription $2.99
- Annual Subscription $17.99
- Monthly Subscription $9.99
- Annual Subscription $11.99
- Six Month Subscription $22.99
- Monthly Subscription $6.99
- Annual Subscription $39.99
- Six Month Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.