This is the official app on App Store from the Blokada open source project.
Blokada for iOS uses DNS (Domain Name System) to enable you to have an ad free experience to see only the content you want.
Use Blokada Cloud to block ads and trackers, while keeping your DNS traffic confidential.
Upgrade to Blokada Plus for encrypting all traffic with our global VPN network. Improve your privacy and secure your Internet against cyber attacks and hackers.
- Supports ad-blocking for every web browser and other app installed.
- Blocks sites that distribute malicious content, viruses and fraudulent websites.
- DNS based interception for all modern browsers and apps.
- Fast and reliable VPN that protects your privacy and encrypts your data.
The most compatible ad blocker on the market!
• Blocks ads
• Saves your data plan
• Browse FASTER by loading less data
• Increase your battery life
What can be blocked?
• Block annoying ads: Google AdWords, Google Invite Media, DoubleClick Bid Manager, Liftoff, Bing Ads, Amazon, etc
• Block adult websites
• Block gambling websites
• Block social media trackers: Google Analytics, Facebook Connect, DoubleClick, Google Publisher Tags, Google AdSense, Twitter Button, Yandex.Metrix, Comscore
• Block malicious websites: Virus downloads, malicious content, fraudulent websites and manipulated apps
- Enhanced VPN Initialization: We've refined the process to ensure a smoother startup for your VPN connection.
- VPN State & UI Synchronization: Addressed an issue where the VPN state was not consistently reflected in the user interface.
- Devices List Interaction: Resolved a problem with the spinner on the devices list, ensuring a responsive and seamless user experience when clicked.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good but a few downsides
It works very well. Three main things I have to complaints about. One is that sometimes it randomly disconnects after having it on for a long time. Two is that it doesn’t work for things it previously did. (For example crunchyroll). Three some of the presets might not work as well as stated. On crunchyroll now it goes back a ton when you block an ad, now it’s easily fixable since you just have to skip back to where the ad was skipped as it tells you where all the ads are. The only other problem is that now it isn’t free and I don’t want to pay for any subscription atm, but if I can I soon will. Honestly while it was a free adblocker and now isn’t, as long as it still works I can say that it’ll probably be just as good paid as free.
What an unprofessional way to handle a major change
So, Blokada updates on my iPad this morning. Suddenly no ads being blocked , nada. Go to the app and get the free trial has expired message. Uh, what free trial? So, I'm not completely dense, I see what's happened. I decide the app is worth keeping at least for the free trial period while I decide what to do. But, after following instructions and signing up for trial nothing works, no ads being blocked. Not only couldn't they bother to warn us about the change they couldn't tell us how to correctly keep using the app. Bottom line, the vpn that Blokada had been using needs to go away. So, I just removed and reinstalled app, chose the Blokada dns and everything seems to be working fine. Sad thing is this is an app I will happily pay for when it is working well. I just have a big pet peeve about poor communications at best and purposely hiding the Change until it occurs at worse. This either shows, bad judgment , ineptitude, arrogance, disrespect or maybe all the above. Bottom line, it torques me off the way I was treated as a customer. Minus stars for you until I cool down. Maybe later I'll revise but for now that's what you deserve for not being upfront and honest.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. There might have been a problem with your setup if it didn't work for you on trial. You can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for troubleshooting.
Works well but..
Now i had this app back then for a 2-3 months and it really worked. It blocked any ads I used to get on Crunchyroll and games I used to play on my phone. But unfortunately, some glitchy stuff started to happen on my phone, the wifi would be slower and not work for me. And would cause my apps to glitch and lag out of the app. I don’t know if anyone has noticed but when you activate this app or feature, the VPN option appears on your phone’s settings, and when it appeared for me, the option of turning on/off on the VPN would glitch as well. It would sometimes turn off and on in a matter of seconds by itself, when I wasn’t even doing anything. It would turn on, then off, then on again, and back to off again, over and over again until it stopped by itself. So after a while, it made my phone even more glitchy and laggy, and slow, at first I thought my phone was sort of broken. But after searching and trying to figure out what was wrong, I deleted the app and my phone was back to normal and worked fine.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blocka AB
- 32.5 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Blocka AB
- In-App Purchases
- Blokada Cloud $19.99
- Blokada Plus $6.49
- Blokada Plus $61.99
- Blokada Plus $34.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.