Manage your health care from anywhere with the Blue Shield of California app. View your ID card,
search for doctors, track your claim information, understand your benefits and more. The Blue Shield of
California app provides BSC and BSC Promise members enhanced 24/7 service and ease-of-access to the information
that matters most.
As a member of Blue Shield of California or Blue Shield Promise, with our app you can:
• View your personalized dashboard
• Search for doctors and facilities, by doctor specialty, by location, and/or by name
• Display and share your Blue Shield of California ID card
• Track the current status of your plan usage, including deductibles and copayments
• Review your claims, and track the progress of new claims from outset to finalization
• Submit out-of-network claims
• Pay your monthly premiums
• Review your health care team, including your doctors’ credentials, locations and contact information
• See your health insurance plan information, including important documents like your plan summary and Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
• Review family members on your plan and see their personal information
• View your benefits, including information on custom benefits, general exclusions and benefit maximums
• Learn about our benefit discount programs, like dental, vision and pharmacy
• Find urgent care
• Quickly access your member information without having to type in your username password. Touch ID is now available for members using compatible devices.
This app is intended for use by Blue Shield of California and Blue Shield Promise Health Plan members who are residents of California.
©Blue Shield of California is an independent member of the Blue Shield Association.
This app update includes better access to show Medicare members the Real Time Benefits Tool where members can access real-time benefit information, real-time formularies and shop for lower-cost alternative therapies under their prescription drug benefit plan.
Thank you for using the Blue Shield of California app!
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t delete existing password after update
Needing to contact Teladoc, I was forced to update the app before usage. When update completed, the update no-longer took my existing password. When I attempted to login with some passwords I remembered and unsuccessful, my account was locked and your “forgot password” feature is not working.
I was trying to do this on a Saturday of a long weekend. Now, your company customer service is closed til Tuesday and I’m stuck with a massive back pain thanks to that update!
Does not "remember"
The app has a "remember me" switch but the app will absolutely not remember me, and requires a new login every single time I open the app. Fortunately, I keep the password readily available in my Dropbox app right next to the Blue Shield app, and Dropbox does not require me to log in.
The medical cards in the app are so tiny as to be completely unreadable. You cannot enlarge them on the app, so you have to take a screenshot and go read them in your photo album!
The electronic card for my vision benefits does not have my member number for vision benefits on it. This turns out to be the one most important piece of information about me that LensCrafters needs to provide care. Took a half an hour of trying different things before I finally called a help number to talk to a very tired phone operator who sounded like she answered the same question all day long. If the only thing useful on the card is the phone number to call to get the account number, why not just provide that number instead of the card? Can you call the number directly from the app? You must be joking, of course not. You have to write it down, then call. Fortunately you can screen shot the card so you can read the number in your photo album.
Not possible to create a new account from app
Restarted app and the phone but the app is flawed. We just started with Blue California this year (switched from another carrier). So I have spent 30 minutes to no avail trying to create my account. One cannot crest an account using their SSN because an email account is not on file. They are instructed to use r the ID# from the card. So I pulled out my new card and enter my member ID and DOB, and it finds me. Perfect, correct? It states “We found a member who matches the information you entered. Please confirm it’s you.” And yes it has my name below. But there is no option to select my name or continue. You just end up on a dead screen where the only buttons are on the top (the done button and refresh button). But no option to select your name and continue. The refresh button starts over by clearing out your information, and the done button simply closes out the screen and takes you back to the start page.
Then one thinks that going to the website is better but it’s not. The same screens are visible from the website with no way to continue. So the app simply shows the web page with no way to sign up for an online account. Please fix it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Shield California
- 94.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Blue Shield of California
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.