Bluebeam® Revu® for iPad lets you work without limits from anywhere. Access and navigate PDFs on the go. Markup PDFs with industry-standard symbols in the field, and verify measurements on the fly. Collaborate with colleagues in real time using Revu’s cloud-based solution, Bluebeam Studio™, which instantly renders large format single sheet PDFs so productivity isn’t compromised. All it takes is a tap and swipe to experience the difference.
Markup and Measure
• Add comments, images, symbols, multimedia and more with customizable markup tools
• Embed multiple photos and videos into markups using the iPad camera, as well as image files from the Document Manager or your iPad’s Photo Library
• Save custom markups in the Tool Chest™ for easy reuse, or import your own
• Verify length, area, perimeter, radius and volume measurements
• Access Studio Projects created in Revu on Windows or Mac, and check out and edit Project PDFs, regardless of Internet access
• Start Studio Sessions or join existing ones to collaborate with colleagues in real time
• Chat with and follow any attendee’s view as they markup Session PDFs
• Set attendee permissions such as save, print, markup and add documents
View and Track
• Track all comments placed on PDFs - including author, date and time - with the Markups list
• Sort markups, view Custom Columns and manage which columns are displayed in the Markups list
• Reply to markup comments and change the status of markups in the Markups list
Sync and Navigate
• Sync PDFs or entire folders without interruption from Dropbox, Box, WebDAV, ShareFile and Studio Projects
• Navigate instantly rendered large format, single page PDFs from Studio Projects with Studio Go®
• Rotate, reorder or add/delete pages from the Thumbnails tab
• Add, delete or tap through existing bookmarks in a PDF and search for text
Fixed an issue where large documents weren't syncing with Egnyte.
Ratings and Reviews
Workaround for Crashing
If anyone’s using the app with external keyboards, you’re *guaranteed* to crash if you have any annotation/text box open when attempting to save. This crash can be avoided by simply tapping elsewhere on the screen before tapping the check mark. It doesn't happen when using the on screen keyboard probably because it closes itself when you tap the save icon anyway. There appears to be plenty of other instabilities but hopefully this ends up helping someone else. The app would be more user friendly imo if there was an option to have real labels instead of just blindly punching all the image icons for 15 minutes to learn what they do. The app itself has the features we need, but the instability drags the score down hard. (Ver 3.10)
Missing Important Functionality
I am an architect and I have the desktop version of Bluebeam and I love it. However, this app for the iPad is a real lemon in my view, because it is super clunky to use and is missing some important functions to the degree that it is worthless to me, personally. For example, it has the “snapshot” command, but it doesn’t let you “paste” the snapshot into another document, which is the whole point of the command, at least in the way that I use it commonly with the desktop version.
I contacted Bluebeam support about this issue and they confirmed that the snapshot command doesn’t work that way in the iPad version and furthermore, that copying and pasting from one document to another isn’t an option either. The support guy suggested some cumbersome workarounds, and I just gave up on this application. I asked for a refund, but they just referred me to Apple, and Apple refused to give me one.
I’m really flabbergasted that Bluebeam would release such a lame app that has such limited functionality, given that their desktop version is so powerful. While I never expected the iPad to function at the desktop level, I think the lack of cutting and pasting is a HUGE oversight. This app is only good for making some limited mark ups to a document in the field, in a very clunky fashion, and that’s pretty much it.
App has become useless
This app was my go to for field markups/ as-built drawings. I have convinced my company to issue IPads (40+) to all foreman and techs to primarily access this app. The app was always a little clunky but most guys got navigate the basics after a day or so of playing around with the tool bar. Certainly not as robust as the desktop version but did the job. The last few weeks have been rough with constant crashes on all iPads. Errors include “memory too low” or “unable to save”. The app now shuts down unexpectedly every few minutes and will erase all markups from the last save. This is totally unacceptable and make the whole app useless. We have spent too much money on desktop access and app access for this to be ignored. PLEASE FIX BUG.
Now the good. If the app is stable I would highly recommend. 4 out of 5 stars. You lose a few of the features from the desktop version but for field use it is a valuable asset. Blueprint storage in folders, quick sketches, as-builts are awesome. It beats the days of full size paper drawings and colored pencils.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bluebeam, Inc.
- 94.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Bluebeam, Inc. 2018
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.