Book Track is an iPhone, iPad, and Mac app that can track your books — both the ones you own and the ones you hope to own in the future.
Avid readers know how difficult it can be to keep tabs on a growing book collection and that's where Book Track comes into its own by making it quicker and easier than ever to track your reading. Not only can you track all of the books that you own, as well as how far you've read, but you can also keep a wishlist of the books that you'd like to pick up in the future. Whether a book is in your 'Library' or your 'Wishlist,' Book Track displays information and gorgeous cover art for all of them. While Book Track uses information from the internet, more obscure books can also be added manually, too.
Book Track is a free app and is limited to 5 books. A single in-app purchase unlocks support for unlimited books across iPhone and iPad. A separate purchase is required to unlock the full Mac app.
Book Track users can look forward to:
- A synchronized list of books and information — whether you save a book on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it'll be synced across all devices. Both your Library and Wishlist will be synced seamlessly and automatically so you'll never lose a book again — or buy the same book twice because you forgot you already own it!
- Easy and comprehensive book organization — Every book you add to your Library can be marked as read, reading, or unread, with each book also supporting tags to help you find similar books throughout your collection. Book information like title, author, description, publisher, year of publication, genre, and even the description can also be edited to make your Library as accurate or personal as possible.
- Quote saving — Find a passage within a book that you want to save for later? Book Track can save your favorite quotes in one place so you can read them again later. You can even put them on your Home screen using a widget.
- All the stats, right where you'll see them — Book Track collects library and reading statistics and puts them right on your Home screen with gorgeous widgets. iPad users can enjoy an extra large widget with even more stats, too!
- Support for importing books from services like Goodreads, BookBuddy, Reading List, and more — It's never been easier to import your books from other apps and services so you don't have to start building your library all over again. Book collections can also be exported to PDF and CSV as well.
- Deep integration with iOS and macOS — Book Track includes support for the latest Apple features including Shortcuts and Siri, while Widgets can be used to put your favorite quotes right onto your Home screen.
- Privacy — Book Track doesn't collect any of your personal data and doesn't track you in any way. Books should be fun, not another reason to worry about your data privacy.
- Fixed an issue with missing release date for some books
Book Track is developed by an indie developer. I’m happy to receive feedback and feature request. If you like the app, leave a review. If you need help, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded at least 15 book tracker apps in search of the best one. This is it for sure. I love the layout. It is very Applesque. Simple and clean, but detailed where it matters. You can make your library layout look all different ways. The book details have a great deal of info and places for personal notes. The best part however is the search function actually works and is useful. I know I know that seems like it should be a given, but a lot of the other apps would search library titles only and not the book descriptions, tags, and notes. This makes it impossible to find anything. This app searches it all! I really love it guys. My one and only suggestion is that you please add somewhere to track audiobook lengths and a statistic chart for hours listened. I do almost all audiobooks these days and I would love to track the time I spend listening. Thanks!!
It works but not well for a large collection or Goodreads import
Update to four stars, hoping to go to 5! Developer responds quickly and fixed the slow import problem and the last name sort problem. I continue to wish for the ability to do bulk tagging, but the developer moves so quickly I have hopes that he will add this ability soon.
I wanted a database with a tagging system into which I could import my large (over 4,000 volumes) collection of books from a CSV file generated by Goodreads. To the good, Book Track can import the Goodreads CSV information, has both a Mac and an iOS version, and supports tags. Unfortunately, it is very slow importing the CSV (so flow, it failed in iOS and took hours on my Mac), is slow adding tags (a noticeable delay for each tag), and does not support tagging multiple entries at one time. And, a deal breaker, does not for some odd reason use Goodread’s Last Name, First name column from the CSV file, and so alphabetizes the collection by first name. I'm reluctantly going back to Excel to handle my collection, despite having to give up on multiple tags for each book.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedbacks. As I’ve answered to your email, I’m working on a new version which will fix these issues. Stay tuned!
I really enjoy this app! And on day one already recommending it to a friend 🙂 It helps me keep track of books I already own. Which makes shopping in the stores easier for me lol. However, I spent the whole night scanning all the books I have (which convinced me to buy the pro version) and started marking which books I finished, gave them ratings, added a bunch of tags, and even wrote comments to myself. However, I’m noticing that after I finishing the rating I’ll go back to the library section and see the ratings just fine. And then I’ll do the next book rating & then when I go back to the library the ratings I completed are gone. I’ve redone the ratings on books a couple of times already and it keep disappearing. It’s very annoying. There’s no update pending on this app so I’m guessing there’s a flaw somewhere on the developer’s side. Hopefully it gets fixed soon! —-oh and just a recommendation that could be fun…if we had the option to invite ppl to see our library/ratings.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks a lot for your report. I’m already working to solve the issue and an update will be released soon. If you have further feedback or reports you can send me an email to email@example.com
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simone Montalto
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Simone Montalto
- In-App Purchases
- Book Tracker Pro $5.99
- Small tip $1.99
- Medium tip $4.99
- Great tip $9.99
- Large tip $14.99
- Huge tip $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.