The BOSS Tuner app brings BOSS’s trusted and world-renowned chromatic tuning technology to iOS mobile devices. Available as a free download, the convenient app features the familiar look and intuitive display style of the best-selling TU-3 / TU-3W pedal tuner. Using the mic in your iOS device, you can tune a guitar, bass, and other instruments like violin, cello, brass, etc.
- Provides hands-free chromatic tuning for a variety of instruments
- Audible reference pitch function for tuning by ear
- Supports horizontal screen to enlarge meter view
- Tuning range: A#0 (29.14 Hz)--G8 (6,271.93 Hz)
- Tuning accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Newsfeed for the latest BOSS info
Find more BOSS tuner products at:
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- It corresponds to the latest OS (iOS 11).
- Improved sensitivity adjustment.
- Added skin of TU-3W. You can also select existing skin (TU-3).
- Added the function to switch the status of Auto-Lock on the main screen.
- Added push notification function.
Ratings and Reviews
Great tuner, but the notifications...
I got this app to tune my cheap acoustic guitar, and this actually does the job. I have the real tuner for my electric gear, for the record.
I’d be willing to actually buy the app if that meant the notifications would go away. This is indeed a free app, but please give us a way to remove these notifications.
Finest virtual tuner from the KING- Boss (Roland)!
As a confirmed 'gear addict', I've spent the better part of 40 yrs in one of two states: playing guitar through great pedals and amps, or thinking about playing guitar through great pedals and amps- mostly always chasing tone!
After amassing a pallet's full of data, and wallowing in the embarrassment of riches that is the modern music marketplace, I've secured the finest in every category for my time (mostly) without regard to price, and after all the latest data are exhausted, and the interminable researching & obsessing concluded that despite all this, 20 yrs on: BOSS TUNERS ARE STILL FLAT OUT THE BEST, ALL-AROUND TUNERS; and a non-negotiable for touring professionals, while equally as crucial to the rank beginner, and truthfully everyone else.
This tuner worked so well I was considering leaving my other tuners out of my guitar cases. However, a few months ago, I suddenly found that the tuner was off. It now registers my 440 tuning fork as about D#. Apple recently admitted it slowed down older iphones, which they may have done to my iphone (through IOS updates I installed?) and caused the tuner to read about 3/4 what it should. If you are going to load this on an older iphone, perhaps the IOS "updates" will screw it up.
The developer, Roland Corporation, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Roland Corporation
- 7.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Roland Corporation