Free until further notice - Stay home and help flatten the curve!
Play the most exciting moment of baseball in this fast-paced dice and card game!
It’s a beautiful day here at the ballpark, and this game has been a squeaker! Everyone expected the league leaders to roll into town and easily defeat the home team. But the scrappy upstarts have played the game of their lives and managed to keep the score tied right until the end. Their fatigue is showing and now it's their last chance. If the home team batters don’t score a run now, the visitors will be sure to win the game in extra innings. It all comes down to the Bottom of the 9th!
Will you lead the underdogs to victory? Or will you defend the league leaders’ unbroken winning streak?
Bottom of the 9th is a strategic 2-player baseball game played with cards and dice. This faithful adaptation brings the fast-paced fun of the tabletop game to your iPhone and iPad! Choose your lineup from a pool of players with different strengths and abilities, outsmart your opponent in the stare-down, then roll the dice to trigger the action.
Bottom of the 9th offers many ways to play:
• Compete in single player against a computer opponent (3 levels of difficulty)
• Take on the Manager's Challenge 6-game solo campaign mode
• Pass and play on your device with a friend
• Challenge a friend to play online
• Find a worthy opponent in a ranked online match
• Organize a casual online exhibition game
The powerhouse visitors have six dynamite pitchers to choose from, including:
• Wake Louder throws a nasty knuckleball that can get a lost ball just into the edge of the strike zone.
• Southpaw Straw is a talented lefty pitcher with one dangerously effective (and illegal) spitball.
• Hurricane Patriss is a top notch reliever, and the only thing more hypnotic than his curveball is his voice.
Don't count out the home team! They have a dozen batters, each with their own special powers, including:
• Mully Nomah can be devastating against the pitching team when runners are in scoring position. He can clobber a pitch and get those base runners home!
• Kerry Rumble has power behind her swing. She has the ability to crush the ball hard, at the cost of hitting lots of fouls. She just can’t resist taking a swing!
• K.C. Petty is truly a powerhouse when the chips are down. The more strikes he gets, the bigger he swings.
• Hannah Cait may look innocent, but when she's in the zone she calls all the shots! This rookie's level of control over her swing is the envy of many a veteran.
Both teams have access to two support characters who provide special abilities to one or both teams:
• Dice Dixon has no problem taking chances coming out from the dugout, benching batters and challenging umps!
• Doc Mullins is always looking after the health of the team, whether that means a more rested pitcher or more energized batters!
The Manager's Challenge solo campaign mode puts you right in the dugout as a team manager. Can you lead your team to the playoffs in a 6-game homestand?
• Play six game solo campaigns as the home team against a revolving cast of pitchers.
• Compete in nine different game situations, including multiple inning games.
• Each campaign game is played using one of six effect cards that change the feel of the game.
• The Manager's Challenge can be played in Classic Mode (using a Pitcher's Deck of stare-down cards) or against any level of CPU opponent.
• Four increasing levels of difficulty will put your management and batting skills to the test!
• Earn up to 11 achievements and compete with others on 8 leaderboards for the solo campaign mode.
~~~ There’s nothing that’s quite like the thrill you feel in the Bottom of the 9th! ~~~
Bottom of the 9th is an officially licensed product of “Bottom of the 9th” from Greater Than Games and Dice Hate Me Games.
For more information, visit Bot9Digital.com
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This update has some bug fixes to keep your game on track!
• Fixed a problem where the Medium CPU would not gain relief in some cases.
• Fixed a problem where the Advanced Sunset effect would add too many cards to the deck.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but no expansions
I just got this game the day before yesterday, and I love it. I’ve played countless games, and this game is so good that it’s difficult to put my iPad down. I would have given the app five stars but for a couple things. Firstly, expansions. I have the base game AND the big league support expansion. This game doesn’t have any expansions. Secondly, there’s no option to play a “full game” so to speak. In every game, one player has to be the batter and one player has to be the pitcher. I usually play full innings, not just the bottom. It helps that I have an expansion.
PLEASE FIX BOTH, BUT ESPECIALLY THE EXPANSIONS.
Professional game, fun and worth the price
I want to amend my original review which is below. Playing campaign mode is so different and so much more fun than the solo games against the AI. It’s opened up a whole new world for me and I cannot get enough.
(Original review) It’s a fun game, certainly original and so amazingly well done but (and this is a big but) the dice rolls feel far from random. In fact, most times I can guess what the roll is going to be depending on each situation. Not saying the computer is cheating, but after a dozen games there is definitely a pattern.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for playing! The dice are rolled using a standard uniform random number generator. It's completely fair and the exact same system is used for human and CPU players. The key to mitigating unlucky rolls is to use your player abilities. Have fun!
I think an equal strike six should at least be a contact hit. The campaign is very defense favored as far as what you can hit. So basically if they roll a s 6 it only matters if you have two strikes otherwise just take the strike and don't bother rolling. Other than that pretty fun, some more players with different stats and traits would be fun.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Handelabra Studio LLC
- 257.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2017-2018 Handelabra Games Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.