Write nice things to Future You, and receive them in the future!
Write nice things to Future You and receive them in the future. Surprise yourself with kindness!
"Where did this idea come from?!" you ask. Well, I originally made this app for myself.
I was using iOS Reminders to send my future self inspiring messages, but manually entering the dates was annoying. I just wanted to say nice stuff and my phone take care of planning/sending the notifications. So I made this app!
This app has been transformational in keeping me buoyant. Like, I'll get a notification from Past Me telling me to drop my shoulders and realize "Oh. Yeah. I'm stressing out over nothing." Boom.
Who was angsty five seconds ago but not right now?
Bright Notes has been so useful for me that I made it into a full app to share with you. I hope it brightens your life!
* Say something nice to Future You; receive it in the future! (Duh)
* No ads :)
* Automatic messages from me to you! Just to ensure you're always getting some lovin'. (Prepare to be ambushed with strange, atypical motivational messages!)
* Themed packs of Note to buy! All made with care and love. Stress, Physical Wellness, Mindfulness, and Challenges!
* Customize how often and when you get notifications
* Blast-Me-Tomorrow: Need an extra kick of love mañana? Toggle this on.
* “Ahhh I don’t know what to write!!” That’s okay! Deep breaths, beautiful. The app has a button for ideas to get your kindness pump gushing. Sploosh!
* You can write ANYthing to yourself. Seriously. Anything. You can use this app to send yourself a daily insult. Whatever you want. The world is your oyster.
* View your notification history
* Hand your device to a friend to add stuff for you! (This is a lot of fun, and always surprising.)
This app has made an ongoing difference in my life, and I hope it does for you too.
*** This app requires local notifications to be turned on. ***
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
I really love this app! It’s a great way to keep you on track, keep you encouraged and uplifted. Sometimes I forget about something I’ve wrote, and when that little notification comes through it completely changes my day. More than anything it’s a great release when your typing all the things you know you need to hear! The only recommendation I have is that hopefully they create a way to reuse previous notes or just keep them all in rotation until you delete them.
Notes don’t cycle + obnoxious notes
I’m reducing my previous 2-star review to 1 star. The reason being, in addition to the glaring omission of any way to make the notes recycle, there is NO way to turn off ALL notes the developer has put in there even when you’ve unchecked the box to get his notes. Although I’ve paid for this app and should not get any of his notes, he STILL sends nag notes when you don’t use the app what he considers often enough. Case in point, yesterday I had a startle when a note popped up that read: “Yo. I dare you. To open me. And add two Notes. For Future You.” I don’t need this crap on my phone, especially after I paid for this and have unchecked to receive the developer’s OTHER obnoxious notes (e.g. “You’re a unicorn baby!”). He’s also replied in a way that’s indicated he doesn’t feel any pressure to make recycling notes a high priority. Pass on this one!
Previous 2-star review:
Really nice looking app and friendly developer, but the app is missing a very basic function: The notes you enter do not renew/cycle. If you want to see them again, you have to do it manually. That’s a dealbreaker for me, and I wouldn’t have bought this app had I known this was missing.
😁😁❤️❤️ love this app but maybe adjustments?
I love the idea of this app, this is really a life changer and could change someone’s life. For me I’m just using it to become a better person but I can tell that it could change lives. I do however think that it would be cool If the software added a system where people could write notes for a random person and you never know who it is. There would have to be a way for people who posted negative things to be stringed out but just an idea! 💡
The developer, BT Productions, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Brett Taylor
- 21.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Copyright © My Dog Zorro 2018
- In-App Purchases
- The Stress Pack $1.99
- The Mindfulness Pack $1.99
- The Challenges Pack $1.99
- Note Pack - Physical Wellness $1.99