This is the one and only official app for Bulbapedia, the community driven encyclopedia for Pokémon. The app has everything from our wiki. Every guide, every article, every Pokémon fact, it's all here and easily accessible in app form with improved navigation and features.
- Complete Pokedex : All Pokemon Generations 1-9 Always Up to Date!
- 45,000+ articles on all Pokemon related topics imaginable including Pokemon GO, Pokemon Sword, Pokemon Shield, Pokemon: Legends Arceus, and the Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl remakes.
- Offline Viewing: With the Bulbapedia Pro in app purchase, you can view articles offline anywhere with or without an internet connection.
- Lists: Save articles to your reading list and easily view them again at anytime.
- Walkthroughs & Guides
If you don't find what you are looking for in our app, it probably doesn't exist. Our incredible community of writers have added over 45,000+ articles on all Pokemon related topics imaginable including Pokemon GO, Pokemon Sword, Pokemon Shield, Pokemon: Legends Arceus, and the Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl remakes.
Just save the articles you want to read later with the "bookmark" feature and easily view any and every article again at a later time.
- Discover: browse through and discover all of Bulbapedia's articles, created by fans like you. With our random page viewer, you can always stumble across new and exciting content for viewing.
- Table of Contents: Quickly and easily skip to any section of an article. Just click the icon on the bottom left of the article and select where you'd like to jump to.
- Bookmarks: Save articles to your reading list and view them easily at a later time.
- Complete and up to date Pokedex up to date with all Pokemon Generations I-VIII.
Bulbapedia is not affiliated with Nintendo, Creatures Inc., Game Freak Inc., or the Pokémon Company. Pokémon content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Nintendo, Creatures Inc., Game Freak Inc, The Pokémon Company, and their licensors. All rights reserved.
Updated to contain the newest info from Scarlet and Violet: Gen 1 - Gen 9.
Ratings and Reviews
Searching should be improved
I do enjoy the new, and better app of Bulbapedia. It's much more put together. However, the searching on it has gotten a bit worse, and mildly irritating.
The Pokémon, or subject search for takes requires more letters to be typed, and isn't great when I'm unsure of the spelling of Pokémon's names. However, worse is when you type in a Pokémon's name, and the actual article for the Pokémon is 3rd or lower under results. When it would be the 1st before, and logically, people would be searching for it more than an anime episode.
Hoping to see more improvements as it continues to be developed.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave me some feedback! I just wanted to let you know that I've gone in and updated the app and improved the search a bit. Now the Pokemon's article should be the #1 result. I am also taking your feedback into consideration regarding the misspelling of a pokemon or not typing the full name and will try to get this implemented as soon as I can. Please let me know if you have any other feedback for me. :)
Could be better
I'm a long-time fan of Bulbapedia and use it over other wiki pages for Pokémon, specifically due to its great layout and the vast amount of information and details for each entry. This has been super helpful for folks like me who play the main "core games" and constantly are looking up info! The mobile app is okay, but could be better. As others have stated, the search engine could be improved. I think that it could be "smarter". For example, typing in "Explou" gives no results, so you have to type in "Exploud" to get its page. Sometimes, I can't remember the spelling fully, so if the engine could give suggestions (prioritizing Pokémon pages first over anime episodes), that would improve the experience so much. I also really wish I had the ability to link my Pro version of the app to the web version. Integration between the two would be amazing. Either way, thanks for all you guys do and I look forward to updates and QOL improvements!
A bit better
It’s nice that the app is getting improved after all these years but there are still a lot of issues. The search feature is very unintuitive and you have to type in the full word to have the page you want pop up as an option. This is especially troublesome since many Pokemon do not have easy-to-spell names. The layout of the pages is also a bit odd, and some tables like the stats table are spaced weirdly and are uneven. Lastly, there is mention of a pro version for offline viewing, which would be awesome, but I fail to see any option anywhere within the app to purchase this upgrade. These problems are unfortunate, since Bulbapedia is hands-down my favorite Pokemon wiki. If the pro version ever becomes evident in the app, and the interface problems are fixed, I would gladly purchase it as a show of support for the devs who maintain this excellent wiki. Sadly the app version is just not in a great spot… yet.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HAVA media AS
- 2.1 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Bulbagarden