From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Burlington Free Press app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for just 99¢ per month ($9.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.burlingtonfreepress.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• More Personalization: We're adding in greater flexibility and new features to help you follow the topics most relevant to you for upcoming events. Keep a look out for more "My Topics" around big events coming soon.
• More Stories: We're now showing only our latest published content in the More Stories section to keep you up to date on what's happening now.
• As always, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Appreciate Access to Local News
Although not perfect, this app is pretty user friendly and provides coverage of local news that might not be available online elsewhere.
Why can’t this be more like WSJ?
With the Journal’s app, I can see the timeline for events as they happen because articles appear in the context of a dated edition. I can peruse articles that may be interesting to me and not to others, or I can ignore articles that the publisher thinks are big deals and just focus on what I want to see.
With the Free Press app, I can’t see articles organized by date of publication, I can only see what the publisher thinks I want to see, often from days or weeks before. I don’t get to pick and choose by date, I don’t get to see the smaller articles that might be interesting to me and to few other people - all I get to see are the articles that the publisher thinks are big deals. I hate this app.
And the local obit’s are hard to read thru - after you read one, you need to go back to the main Obit page then dive into the local obits - waste of time.
And where are the comics?
This app for the most part is a waste of time. First majority of the news is old news you leave articles on it way too long. It should be more like your paper. Most news apps like the New York Post allows you to look at the paper. You put random articles on your side and leave them on there forever. Secondly as is the case today half the time the app doesn’t work or shuts down on its own. You really should be embarrassed by this app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 195.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Burlington Free Press Digital Subscription $9.99
- Burlington Free Press Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.