** 2020 NATIONAL PARENTING PRODUCT AWARDS WINNER - BEST APPS FOR KIDS
** Kids have earned millions in allowance and invested hundreds of thousands after completing chores through BusyKid. Ideal for kids 4-16, BusyKid is a financial literacy system that helps children develop basic, yet important, money management routines they will need as adults.
"Since your kids probably won't learn this in school, go to BusyKid.com and start teaching them now. This is a great idea! Check it out and get the kids on board." Kevin O'Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)
BusyKid is extremely easy to set-up, won't cost your family hundreds of dollars to use and teaches more than where not to spend money. It’s well documented that children learn best by doing, so the hands-on experience delivered by this app will be something your child will lean on forever.
- Set up/manage accounts and chore schedules for the day, week or month.
- Set chores and allowances based upon child ages.
- Receive real-time push notifications for payday and money transfer approvals.
- Send bonuses for outstanding achievements, work or just because.
- Follow all child activity on detailed activity stream, including any card spending
- Set allowance to be paid weekly or twice a month
- Set allowance to be paid without chores being completed
- Match a child weekly savings amount
- Help manage child investments
- Lock money movement between Save, Share & Spend areas
- Approve all money leaving the child account
- Receive one free Prepaid Visa Spend Card with paid family subscription (additional cards $7.99/yr)
- Select from 10 special designs in black or white
- Set Spend Card alerts to protect against low balances
- Set temporary hold on any missing Spend Card. Easily order new cards.
- Easily follow chore schedule and allowance balances
- Manage money in Save, Share and Spend areas
- Learn to invest by purchasing real stock in popular companies
- Donate some allowance to over 30 charities
- Build a strong savings area with matching funds from parent
- Select their own BusyKid Prepaid Visa Spend Card design
- Learn to manage invisible money by using a Spend Card to make purchases online or in stores
- Transfer funds to get real cash from a parent
- Follow all account and card activity through a personal activity stream
- Receive a bonus from a parent for doing great work or an outstanding performance
- Develop important money management routines through real decision-making
Much More Than An App:
While we like to think of BusyKid as your child’s first job with direct deposit, the truth is, this app may be the first and/or only experience your child has with managing money before getting a real job. We are huge supporters for improved financial literacy, but until classes are implemented in all schools, we are dedicated to having an app that will provide important hands-on experience and valuable life lessons.
For your safety, BusyKid:
- Has the most advanced SSL encryption
- Individual PINs on accounts and Spend Cards
- Allow alerts to be set on Spend Cards for low balances
- Has all sensitive information stored by partners who are compliant with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
The BusyKid Visa Prepaid Card is issued by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc. All cardholder’s funds are insured by the FDIC in accordance with the FDIC’s applicable terms and conditions.
Bug fixes and feature improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hoping it meets expectation ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Just downloaded the app and I can’t wait to introduce it to my two children. I think the concept is awesome. Though there are a couple features that I think may be helpful, because I found myself searching through the app to see if they were an available-I see list by “child”, “chore” and weekly chore view. I would love to have an option to view the whole month laid out like a calendar and show who has a chore in each day’s box of the calendar grid to ensure that I have given both children the opportunity to earn equally for the week and the month. Not necessarily the detailed chore, but just that child A has two today and child B has one-but tomorrow child A has one and child B has two(so it balances out) at a glance. It would also be helpful to have the weekly and monthly allowance total available per child viewable for the parents so that we can anticipate amounts for payday and see how much they could potentially earn per month individually without having to manually click each date and add up myself. (Unless I just overlooked that feature, in which case just omit 😬)Just a few shortcut ideas that I thought may help me and possibly other parents 🤷🏼♀️ Hope to rate more accurately once we have used the app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the fantastic feedback. We love getting suggestions for improvements from our parents! We have a long list of new features and updates coming, we'll make sure to add yours as well. After you use the app for a while, we hope you'll add a few more stars! :)
Please create a video tutorial
Hello BusyKid! We love the concept and have our card, but we can’t figure out how to get funds loaded on payday. We are very app-savvy but this is just not intuitive. We have looked and looked for an “approval” feature for chores but it doesn’t seem to exist. My child did chores, checked them off, and the funds didn’t appear on “payday.” Also, the process to load funds at the very beginning when your child brings you the big stack of $1 bills they’ve had in the shoebox is not clear. The only way we could figure out to do this was the “bonus” feature, and that was a max of $50 at a time. The spend/save/give feature and how money moves is also unclear. For example, my child has $50 loaded on the card but it isn’t showing up in the “spend” bucket to move it around. So it seems like there are actually 4 buckets - spend/save/give & card funds?? I looked everywhere online and could not find a tutorial for this app. The features and concept are great, but many features are unclear and there are no videos beyond promotional videos. Please help! Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Have you had everything fixed and working for you? We're sorry for the misunderstanding but we'll do whatever we can to help you along. Please let us know, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks
Could be so much better...
Have only been using the app for about two weeks and like the overall concept. However, a few simple changes could make it so much better. I tried to reach out, but the response didn’t even address my feedback. First, there are other chore/allowance apps that have incorporated overall behavior and growth mindset goals alongside chores. The ability to reward for positive behavior and remove funds for negative behavior would make this app a holistic solution. Second, the option to give cash should come BEFORE funds are taken from my bank account and transferred to the BusyKid card. It doesn’t make any sense to transfer money from my account to the card, only to turn around and transfer it back with a 2-5 day delay and a $5 fee!! This is crazy. It’s actually less expensive to double pay my child by giving him/her the cash on top of what was transferred. At least my money stays in the family vs. throwing away $5.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using the app and for the feedback. We're sorry that the initial response didn't address your issue, but since we can't see your name or email here, we can't go back to review the ticket. If you'll contact us at email@example.com, we will be happy to follow-up some more. It would probably be better to address your other comments there as well since it could be lengthy. We can add that we're always looking to improve our app and feedback like this can really help. Thanks again and I hope you'll contact us.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.