** NATIONAL PARENTING PRODUCT AWARDS WINNER
** BusyKid helps develop basic, yet important, money management routines they will be needed as adults, including the use of a debit card.
BusyKid is extremely easy to set-up and within minutes your family can be earning and learning!
Investing is included in the family plan - no add on costs and no fees for buying or selling stock.
- Set up/manage accounts and chore schedules for the day, week or month.
- Set chores and allowances based upon ages.
- Receive real-time push notifications to approve paydays and money transfers.
- Send bonuses for outstanding achievements, work or just because.
- Follow all activity on detailed activity stream, including any card spending using the debit card
- Set allowance to be paid weekly or twice a month
- Set allowance to be paid without chores being completed
- Match a weekly savings amount
- Help manage investments
- Lock money movement between Save, Share & Spend areas
- Receive up to five BusyKid Prepaid Visa Debt Cards with a family subscription
- Select from 11 special designs in black or white
- Set Spend Card alerts to protect against low balances
- Set temporary hold on any missing Spend Cards. Easily order new cards within the app.
- Have friends or family add money to a BusyKid account for birthdays, holidays or working for a neighbor by using the BusyPay feature.
- Easily follow chore schedule and allowance balances
- Personally manage money in Save, Share and Spend areas
- Learn to invest by purchasing real stock in popular companies
- Donate some allowance to over 50 charities
- Build a strong savings area with matching funds from parent
- Select their own BusyKid Prepaid Visa Spend Card design
- Learn to manage invisible money by using a the debit card to make purchases online or in stores
- Transfer funds to get real cash from a parent
- Follow all account and card activity through a personal activity stream
- Receive a bonus from a parent for doing great work or an outstanding performance
- Develop important money management routines through real decision-making
- Give a BusyPay QR code to friends or family to add money their accounts for birthdays, holidays or working for a neighbor.
For your safety, BusyKid:
- Has the most advanced SSL encryption, and is FDIC Insured.
- Individual PINs on accounts and Spend Card
- Allows alerts to be set on Spend Cards for low balances
- Has all sensitive information stored by partners who are compliant with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
The BusyKid Visa® Prepaid Spend Card is issued by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a licensee from Visa® USA Inc. All cardholder’s funds are insured by the FDIC in accordance with the FDIC’s applicable terms and conditions. For more information about the card’s terms and conditions including the Visa® Zero Liability policy. See our FAQ’s for more information. Five BusyKid Visa® Prepaid Spend Cards (one per child) are included with a paid family subscription. There may be some additional fees associated with the Spend Card, please see our FAQs for more information.
Bug fixes and feature improvements
Ratings and Reviews
First Week Using App
We are in the first week using this app. This app has really got my children excited about chores. I also like that they can learn basic financial fundamentals with this app. The children are also excited about being able to make donations to organizations that help make our world a better world! The reasons for the 4 stars (and not 5) are: (1) they cannot trade chores or reading books for screen time (Minecraft). We might have figured a workaround by using the “cashing out” feature and setting a cost for a hour of time, but I would love to see an enhancement related to earning non-payments rewards and (2) does not seem to have a way to mitigate when a child looses their phone as a consequence - they can’t track chores - we have not figured out if the child can print chores out and backenter chores completed or if they just miss out on doing the chores and being compensated. If you are a parent that takes away your children’s electronics…be aware. I am sure we haven’t figured it out yet! Anyway…so far very pleased!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and 4 stars. We really want 5, so we'll be working hard to earn the last one. The reason for no non-money rewards is that our app is designed to help children how to manage money. Having non-money rewards works against the basic function of the app and what it's designed to teach. We appreciate you finding a way around this to fit your needs. As far as a child losing their phone, a child can log in from any device as long as they have the main account email and their PIN. However, if they miss some days, yes, they can add past chores not marked. If you have any other questions or comments, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat through our website.
Well worth it/ it has helped our relationship
The cost for Busy Kids is worth it. My 9 yo son and I struggled with our relationship every day. I give him a directive and he didn’t follow through. I repeat myself multiple times a day but it didn’t get me anywhere but frustrated and annoyed. I researched the debit card apps for kids and came across Busy Kids. The price is affordable $20 for the year. It may not have all the bells and whistles compared with other apps” BUT I don’t need the extras, just the basics. It has a share/donate, spend, and save option. It automatically sends a portion of my sons earned income to the above. You can transfer all money into the spend account BUT we decided to donate to an organization. (If the organization isn’t listed, you can send a request to the team). I’ve used the app for 2 weeks now and I can tell you that it has minimized the arguments I’ve had with my son on a regular basis. I remind him: “ Remember , your paycheck is coming up. Make sure you earn that money!” The app is pretty easy to use— and I did have a question , sent an email, and the team responded the same day! So , they are definitely available for concerns.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the tremendous feedback. We're working hard to make sure our app has everything a parent and child needs to understand money management and make life easier. It's an important topic and one that needs to be practiced. We appreciate you using the app and card, and we'll continue to fine tune and add new features several times a year.
Hoping it meets expectation ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Just downloaded the app and I can’t wait to introduce it to my two children. I think the concept is awesome. Though there are a couple features that I think may be helpful, because I found myself searching through the app to see if they were an available-I see list by “child”, “chore” and weekly chore view. I would love to have an option to view the whole month laid out like a calendar and show who has a chore in each day’s box of the calendar grid to ensure that I have given both children the opportunity to earn equally for the week and the month. Not necessarily the detailed chore, but just that child A has two today and child B has one-but tomorrow child A has one and child B has two(so it balances out) at a glance. It would also be helpful to have the weekly and monthly allowance total available per child viewable for the parents so that we can anticipate amounts for payday and see how much they could potentially earn per month individually without having to manually click each date and add up myself. (Unless I just overlooked that feature, in which case just omit 😬)Just a few shortcut ideas that I thought may help me and possibly other parents 🤷🏼♀️ Hope to rate more accurately once we have used the app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the fantastic feedback. We love getting suggestions for improvements from our parents! We have a long list of new features and updates coming, we'll make sure to add yours as well. After you use the app for a while, we hope you'll add a few more stars! :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BusyKid, Inc.
- 75.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © Copyright 2019 BusyKid Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.