BusyKid - Debit Card For Kids
Kids Debit Card and Chores App
** 2020 NATIONAL PARENTING PRODUCT AWARDS WINNER - BEST APPS FOR KIDS
** Kids have earned millions in allowance and invested hundreds of thousands after completing chores through BusyKid. Ideal for kids and teens, BusyKid helps children develop basic, yet important, money management routines they will need as adults, including the use of a kids debit card.
“Since your kids probably won’t learn this in school, go to BusyKid.com and start teaching them now. This is a great idea! Check it out and get the kids on board.” Kevin O’Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)
BusyKid is extremely easy to set-up, won’t cost your family hundreds of dollars to use and can involve the entire family, if desired. It’s well documented that children learn best by doing, so the hands-on experience delivered by this chores app and the kids debit card will set a foundation your child will lean on forever.
- Set up/manage accounts and chore schedules for the day, week or month.
- Set chores and allowances based upon child ages.
- Receive real-time push notifications to approve paydays and money transfers.
- Send bonuses for outstanding achievements, work or just because.
- Follow all child activity on detailed activity stream, including any card spending using the debit card for kids
- Set allowance to be paid weekly or twice a month
- Set allowance to be paid without chores being completed
- Match a child weekly savings amount
- Help manage child investments
- Lock money movement between Save, Share & Spend areas
- Receive one BusyKid Prepaid Visa Debt Card, included with a family subscription
- Select from 11 special designs in black or white
- Set Spend Card alerts to protect against low balances
- Set temporary hold on any missing Spend Card. Easily order new cards within the app.
- Have friends or family add money to kids accounts for birthdays, holidays or working for a neighbor by using the new BusyPay feature.
- Easily follow chore schedule and allowance balances
- Personally manage money in Save, Share and Spend areas
- Learn to invest by purchasing real stock in popular companies
- Donate some allowance to over 50 charities
- Build a strong savings area with matching funds from parent
- Select their own BusyKid Prepaid Visa Spend Card design
- Learn to manage invisible money by using a the kids debit card to make purchases online or in stores
- Transfer funds to get real cash from a parent
- Follow all account and card activity through a personal activity stream
- Receive a bonus from a parent for doing great work or an outstanding performance
- Develop important money management routines through real decision-making
- Give a BusyPay QR code to friends or family to add money their accounts for birthdays, holidays or working for a neighbor.
For your safety, BusyKid:
- Has the most advanced SSL encryption, and is FDIC Insured.
- Individual PINs on accounts and Spend Card
- Allows alerts to be set on Spend Cards for low balances
- Has all sensitive information stored by partners who are compliant with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
The BusyKid Visa® Prepaid Spend Card is issued by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a licensee from Visa® USA Inc. All cardholder’s funds are insured by the FDIC in accordance with the FDIC’s applicable terms and conditions. For more information about the card’s terms and conditions including the Visa® Zero Liability policy. See our FAQ’s for more information. One BusyKid Visa® Prepaid Spend Card is included with a paid family subscription, but additional cards cost $7.99/yr with a linked bank as a funding source. There may be some additional fees associated with the Spend Card, please see our FAQ’s for more information.
Bug Fixes and Feature Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a Great Start with room for improvement
I love the concept and system in place to help kids manage their finances. It’s easy to set up and get going except that you have to wait for the card to transfer money into the account. To save time, an account should be assigned immediately so that it can be used right away instead of having to wait for the card.
The other feature I would add is the ability to choose my child’s charities they support instead of being locked into the ones listed. Aside from that, I love being able to select and create chores along with pay on the days of the week desired. This is great which allows our child to value work and create a healthy relationship of work and money. The savings match is also very useful to incentivize savings. I am looking forward to using this app and to future updates and improvements.
Hoping it meets expectation ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Just downloaded the app and I can’t wait to introduce it to my two children. I think the concept is awesome. Though there are a couple features that I think may be helpful, because I found myself searching through the app to see if they were an available-I see list by “child”, “chore” and weekly chore view. I would love to have an option to view the whole month laid out like a calendar and show who has a chore in each day’s box of the calendar grid to ensure that I have given both children the opportunity to earn equally for the week and the month. Not necessarily the detailed chore, but just that child A has two today and child B has one-but tomorrow child A has one and child B has two(so it balances out) at a glance. It would also be helpful to have the weekly and monthly allowance total available per child viewable for the parents so that we can anticipate amounts for payday and see how much they could potentially earn per month individually without having to manually click each date and add up myself. (Unless I just overlooked that feature, in which case just omit 😬)Just a few shortcut ideas that I thought may help me and possibly other parents 🤷🏼♀️ Hope to rate more accurately once we have used the app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the fantastic feedback. We love getting suggestions for improvements from our parents! We have a long list of new features and updates coming, we'll make sure to add yours as well. After you use the app for a while, we hope you'll add a few more stars! :)
Love, love, love this app!
THIS IS NOT A PIAD REVIEW!
We were looking for a way to help our grandson. Wanted to teach him the value of money, how it’s earned, how to save and invest for his future.
This program does it all. In my opinion, at 13, his job is to do well in school and we’ve made that his primary focus. In addition, we wanted him to learn other things besides gaming. He earns for reading a book, photography, cooking/helping to prep meals, along with keeping his room clean and a few other chores. He loves the charity portion and has his 2 favs. He owns several stocks or at least a percentage of shares. He has his spend card and can use it for anything he wants without having to ask so long as he keeps a set balance in his spend account. It has been a great tool. He’ll send me a screenshot of his stock prices from time to time with a, “Yeah Tesla is up today!” His grades are up and his cooking skills are fantastic! This has been one of the best things we have done for him.
It takes a minute to get it set up but there are some great “how to” video’s online. We had no problem with set up and/or continued use!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We have no need to pay for reviews because there is something we learn from both good and bad. Hearing how your grandson is doing with our app is why we created the app in the first place. We have several new features coming soon which he'll really love, including enhancements to our investing area. If you have more comments on things, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BusyKid, Inc.
- 74.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019 BusyKid Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.