BuzzFeed has it all: the stories and quizzes trending on social, the news you want now, and the recipes and life tips you didn’t know you needed.
• Never be bored again with the best mix of News, Videos, Quizzes, and Lists
• Watch your favorite BuzzFeed shows like Tasty, Nifty, Goodful, Try Guys, Violet, and Ladylike
• Use the Explore tab to dive into your favorite topics like Food, Celebrity, Animals, DIY, LGBT, and more
• Use the Trending section to see what stories are about to go viral
• One tap to share stories with Email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more
• Share individual images and videos from within stories. Just tap the image for options!
• Bookmark posts you want to come back to and sync them with all your devices
• Get push notifications for trending stories so you’re always in the loop
• Comment on a post or click the reaction button to share your opinion
If you have any trouble with your app please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help!
And don’t forget to check out BuzzFeed.com when you’re on your laptop!
Note: Our properties may also feature Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which may contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Nielsen's software may collect your choices with regards to it.
Performance fixes and improvements, including better Dark Mode support.
Ratings and Reviews
Ads are Killing the Experience
I love Buzzfeed’s content. There is something for everyone. Every time I go on, I can find something interesting. However, the ads are killing the experience, especially on the app. I get it; Buzzfeed needs to bring in revenue. Ads do that. But recently I have noticed more ads than ever. This would normally be annoying but expected and easy to ignore, except that they are getting in the way. Ads pop open and close, thus adjusting the screen display. I have to scroll up or down, often repeatedly, in order to get back to where I was in an article. Sometimes if I accidentally touch an ad as I am scrolling through an article, I am automatically redirected away from Buzzfeed (thankfully this doesn’t happen as much as it used to). Most recently, and most annoyingly, I have found that article related pictures in the app will not load after the first ad. I have tried reloading articles, reloading the app, and even rebooting my phone. It is simply a glitch of some kind. There has to be a better way to generate revenue without ruining the experience for users.
Everything is great, but...
listen, i love buzzfeed. some articles are stupid but fun, and sometimes i get news from them (not to mention quizzes!), but lately i (and clearly some other users) have been experiencing a “glitch” where when you open an article four or five new pages open up. it goes from instagram to another page that doesn’t load and back to instagram, resulting in me not being able to get back to the article i wanted to read in the first place. it’s gotten infuriating. when i first noticed this was happening i closed out the app to reboot, and everything was fine. that was a while ago, now it’s still happening and not even rebooting will fix it. i have to wait days to read that original article, and sometimes i can’t even find it so it’s become a lost cause. on one hand i’m happy i’m not experiencing this alone, but on the other i think everyone is miserable. once this gets fixed, buzzfeed will be 5 stars.
So the only time you’re allowed to comment on an article is when they want to put your input into another article (ie what was the saddest episode in a show, etc). Any article that is actually intriguing, the comments are turned off or “unavailable”. Either allow your viewers to have full reign and let them comment on every article that is published, but completely disable comments for every article that’s published. I understand that with some political articles you’re weary about allowing comments, but there have been dozens and dozens of other articles that I was expecting comments from other users to be on so I could get other opinions/see other arguments. However, if an article even has an once or controversial topics in it you aren’t allowed to comment. You can’t have it both ways, which is what you’re trying to do. Either allow everything to be commented on or allow nothing to be commented on. Just because you (or the author of the article) doesn’t like the comments doesn’t mean they should be disabled and that your viewers (aka the people paying you) should be shut down.
- 63.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2017 BuzzFeed, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.