A highly secure and free password management solution for protecting your passwords and personal information.
C2 Password lets you sync your credentials across an unlimited number of devices and access them from anywhere via the web portal, app, and browser extension.
All the data you upload is encrypted before leaving your device, so you can rest assured that no one but you can access your data.
This extension is useful in many ways:
• Autofill logins - Automatically fill in usernames and passwords when signing in to websites.
• Auto-save passwords - Automatically save new passwords, usernames, and updates to saved passwords when signing in or creating new online accounts.
• Generate unique passwords - Create a strong and random password for every website to increase account security.
• Autofill form data - Click payment and personal information in the extension to fill them in when shopping online.
Save time while keeping your data safe. Get started with C2 Password today!
• Get the most out of your extension: https://kb.synology.com/C2/tutorial/Get_started_with_C2_Password_extension
• For more information: https://c2.synology.com/password/overview
• Feel free to post any questions you have in Synology Community: https://community.synology.com/enu/forum/4
• Fixed some minor bugs that you probably didn't even notice.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as seemless as apple default password, but works. Doesn’t always ask to save new passwords generated or save changed ones.
Heading in the right direction but…
(1.1.1) Dear Synology, you need to include features that no other password manager offers or you always be playing catch-up in a race that you have joined so late to. Include the ability to sync this information to people’s own Synology NAS. Your whole philosophy was built on people not trusting or wanting to pay for public cloud infrastructure for their data storage and now you’re asking your devoted fans to head right back in that direction? I don’t understand this shift in your business model with this product. Plus, at the moment, this app is nothing more than a very secure notepad file with a pretty bow on it. I was laughing to myself when installing & logging back into this new version seamlessly using 1Password.
(1.1.0) Well you can now create & edit from the mobile app, but only Login items. There are six other categories that I'm sure people will be wanting to add & edit from their mobile device, not only from a computer. You can now also add OTP credentials too, but that’s about the extent of this upgrade. Adding one star to my previous review but you will need to add so much more before getting any additional stars.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the wait. We're happy to present you with a new C2 Password iOS release which supports features you've mentioned. We'd be grateful if you could give us a better rating once you've tried our new features!
Store Now, Decrypt Later
This review is mostly for the concept. I have been using Synology NAS since 2016, and chose to do business with the company based on a reasonable amount of trust. With an NAS, I own my data. There are of course downsides to that, and Synology has balanced the solution with optional cloud storage (which is also profitable; a win-win situation).
C2 Password data is stored on Synology’s servers. It makes sense to offer this service from their cloud division, and for a free service it is my preference. However, it is odd that Synology, a company founded on users owning their data, has never offered an equivalent for NAS.
I would not expect C2 to have an NAS option, but there should be a password storage option for NAS. I personally only access my NAS on my local network, minimizing exposure. For something as sensitive as passwords, I would prefer to not have them sent over the internet, even encrypted. While they may be safe today, tomorrow is a different story. Why?
Store Now, Decrypt Later. Look it up. Veritasium has a video on it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synology Inc.
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Synology Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Plan (1 Year) $4.99
- Plus Plan (1 Year) $4.49
- Plus Plan (1 Year) $5.49