*You must own a Synology NAS to run this app and be running the latest Photo Station 6.6.0 package to get the complete set of features**
DS photo allows you to browse through the photo collection on your Synology NAS server on the go, as well as interact with friends using the comments in real time. Organising your photos is easy: with traditional albums, using tags to create virtual albums or with a simple tap with the timeline mode! Better yet, download albums to the iDevice to view them even when no network connection is available, and use the Photo Backup to effortlessly upload your photos taken with your iDevice onto your own personal cloud.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 6.0 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
- Supports user interface in Thai language
- Optimized display on the new iPad Pro and iPhone XR
- Fixed an issue where sharing photos to DS photo from Facebook Messenger might fail
- Fixed an issue where the home indicator wasn’t hidden when users browse photos in full screen
- Fixed an issue where login to DS photo via HTTPS might fail
- Fixed an issue where star ratings might disappear
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Missing Many Simple Features
- This app seems to stop uploading content in the background for unknown reasons, even though background app refresh is on. I will leave the app and come back to it a while later to find it is still close to where I left off for uploading.
- It can’t upload slow-mo videos unless you keep the original file name.
- It doesn’t offer a quick retry option for files that fail to upload due to what is almost always an “unknown error.”
- You can’t drag to select a group of photos, you can only select all or one at a time.
- There’s no pause/retry button if an upload stalls, only the option to cancel; this means you have to close and reopen the app if it stalls.
- The app doesn’t keep the screen active when it seems to need to have the screen unlocked and the app on screen.
- Similarly, you have to keep your screen active and unlocked while it prepares photos to upload or it will stop and freeze.
- Has a “preparing” pause before EACH PHOTO that is uploaded. This pause can be longer than it takes to upload the photo.
- Can’t seem to simply select an album and start a slideshow for that album.
Overall, this app could use some attention to get some simple additions and changes made. Not sure what separates this from using DS File, for example.
Desperate for an update… ignored
Over 3 years waiting for an update says about all you can say. We have this app on all of our iphones and continue to use it to transfer family photos to our synology server for archive and processing in photo station… but it is fair to question if this app is truly still supported after 3 years.
Most of the problems are well-documented in other comments, and they continue to grow and be ignored.
My main annoyance is the looping bug on WEBP photos. WEBP is growing more popular by the day as a photo format but Synology continues to ignore it. Every time we are updating photos to the server we must delete any WEBP format photos from the phone to allow updating to successfully complete. This bug has been known for years. Ignored.
The Moments experiment has mostly been a failure. It is time for Synology to update these more stable and useful older programs.
Wasted some of my time..
I had ds photo,file, and video all working at one point. After a while I came back to backup my photos on the iPhone and the app will not allow me to login. I changed nothing.. ok, then I went to file app and it gave me an option to backup photos. It does nothing.. I am realizing the apps seem broken. Disappointed, Synology please keep apps updated…
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Synology Inc.
- 57.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Synology Inc.