*You must own a Synology NAS to run this app and be running the latest Photo Station 6.6.0 package to get the complete set of features**
DS photo allows you to browse through the photo collection on your Synology NAS server on the go, as well as interact with friends using the comments in real time. Organising your photos is easy: with traditional albums, using tags to create virtual albums or with a simple tap with the timeline mode! Better yet, download albums to the iDevice to view them even when no network connection is available, and use the Photo Backup to effortlessly upload your photos taken with your iDevice onto your own personal cloud.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 6.0 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
- Supports user interface in Thai language
- Optimized display on the new iPad Pro and iPhone XR
- Fixed an issue where sharing photos to DS photo from Facebook Messenger might fail
- Fixed an issue where the home indicator wasn’t hidden when users browse photos in full screen
- Fixed an issue where login to DS photo via HTTPS might fail
- Fixed an issue where star ratings might disappear
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Missing Many Simple Features
- This app seems to stop uploading content in the background for unknown reasons, even though background app refresh is on. I will leave the app and come back to it a while later to find it is still close to where I left off for uploading.
- It can’t upload slow-mo videos unless you keep the original file name.
- It doesn’t offer a quick retry option for files that fail to upload due to what is almost always an “unknown error.”
- You can’t drag to select a group of photos, you can only select all or one at a time.
- There’s no pause/retry button if an upload stalls, only the option to cancel; this means you have to close and reopen the app if it stalls.
- The app doesn’t keep the screen active when it seems to need to have the screen unlocked and the app on screen.
- Similarly, you have to keep your screen active and unlocked while it prepares photos to upload or it will stop and freeze.
- Has a “preparing” pause before EACH PHOTO that is uploaded. This pause can be longer than it takes to upload the photo.
- Can’t seem to simply select an album and start a slideshow for that album.
Overall, this app could use some attention to get some simple additions and changes made. Not sure what separates this from using DS File, for example.
Wasted some of my time..
I had ds photo,file, and video all working at one point. After a while I came back to backup my photos on the iPhone and the app will not allow me to login. I changed nothing.. ok, then I went to file app and it gave me an option to backup photos. It does nothing.. I am realizing the apps seem broken. Disappointed, Synology please keep apps updated…
Initial upload took a while, no support for proprietary Apple format
The initial upload took a while since the app transcodes all photos from Apple proprietary format to the standard JPG but it went well and the app kept the phone unlocked in the meantime. Now I can relax that all my photos are automatically backed up and I can view them from the server.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Synology Inc.
- 57.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Synology Inc.