*You must own a Synology NAS to run this app and be running the latest Photo Station 6.6.0 package to get the complete set of features**
DS photo allows you to browse through the photo collection on your Synology NAS server on the go, as well as interact with friends using the comments in real time. Organising your photos is easy: with traditional albums, using tags to create virtual albums or with a simple tap with the timeline mode! Better yet, download albums to the iDevice to view them even when no network connection is available, and use the Photo Backup to effortlessly upload your photos taken with your iDevice onto your own personal cloud.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 6.0 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
- Supports user interface in Thai language
- Optimized display on the new iPad Pro and iPhone XR
- Fixed an issue where sharing photos to DS photo from Facebook Messenger might fail
- Fixed an issue where the home indicator wasn’t hidden when users browse photos in full screen
- Fixed an issue where login to DS photo via HTTPS might fail
- Fixed an issue where star ratings might disappear
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Videos over 4GB bug
There is an issue when you try to upload a video that’s over 4GB. It will start uploading and when the progress bar reaches the end it will start again. But if you check the folder using the file explorer, you can see the video was uploaded correctly but the will keep trying to upload it again and again... my wife uploaded a 4.5GB video 10 times without noticing. Fix this please.
Missing Many Simple Features
- This app seems to stop uploading content in the background for unknown reasons, even though background app refresh is on. I will leave the app and come back to it a while later to find it is still close to where I left off for uploading.
- It can’t upload slow-mo videos unless you keep the original file name.
- It doesn’t offer a quick retry option for files that fail to upload due to what is almost always an “unknown error.”
- You can’t drag to select a group of photos, you can only select all or one at a time.
- There’s no pause/retry button if an upload stalls, only the option to cancel; this means you have to close and reopen the app if it stalls.
- The app doesn’t keep the screen active when it seems to need to have the screen unlocked and the app on screen.
- Similarly, you have to keep your screen active and unlocked while it prepares photos to upload or it will stop and freeze.
- Has a “preparing” pause before EACH PHOTO that is uploaded. This pause can be longer than it takes to upload the photo.
- Can’t seem to simply select an album and start a slideshow for that album.
Overall, this app could use some attention to get some simple additions and changes made. Not sure what separates this from using DS File, for example.
okay but needs more functions
My family has a Synology so we use this for photo backup. As a general photo storage app it’s OK, but it’s not great for searching and viewing photos on the go (takes forever to load photos on both WiFi and data). Photo uploads are also very, very slow.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Synology Inc.
- 57.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.