**To use this app and enjoy its features, you must own Synology NAS and install the latest Synology Drive Server.**
Synology Drive iOS mobile app allows you to easily access and manage files in your Synology Drive on the go. In addition to common file types, such as documents, images, videos, and music, the app's user-friendly in-app viewer can open Synology Office documents, spreadsheets, and slides. Convenient management features, such as syncing, searching, sharing, moving, and applying labels to files, are all available in the app, allowing users to complete tasks efficiently anytime, anywhere.
Compatibility & Installation:
1. Please update the server to Synology Drive Server 3.5.0 to use the new mobile features.
1. Supports sending push notifications for changes in permissions or user comments on Synology Office files.
2. Supports the conversion of files from various Microsoft Office formats, including .xlsx, .xlsm, .xltx, .xltm, .csv, .xls, .xlt, .ods, .ots, .docx, .odt, .rtf, .doc, to Synology Office format.
3. Supports prevewing files in OpenDocument Format (.odt, .ods, .odp) via Universal Viewer.
4. Added speech recognition for easy transcription of uploaded audio content into text. Note that long audio files are more likely to experience recognition failure.
5. Supports displaying recently shared invitees when sharing files.
6. Supports categorizing photos by "year" when backing up photos.
7. Supports retaining the last viewed sub-tab when switching tabs or relaunching the app.
8. Supports setting independent sorting rules and display preferences for each folder.
9. Supports configuring passcode lock and re-authentication time in the Synology Drive app. These are security features for Synology Drive folders in the iOS Files app.
1. Fixed an issue where Synology Drive folders in the iOS Files app could not be opened in offline mode.
2. Fixed an issue where Focused Backup and Sync might not run properly when there are too many sync tasks.
Ratings and Reviews
Really a good app
I’m not sure why this app usually has a bad overall rating. Most of the time App Store ratings are very accurate but this app seems to get bad ratings more than I think it should. I’d say 4.5 stars because I’d love a few more features but overall this is a good quality app.
Such an incredible step backwards
I have Synology Drive installed on both an iPhone and an iPad. I’m occasionally in environments outside of my home (which is where my NAS is) in which I do not have cellular or Wi-Fi access, but I still want to be able to access my synced files. So, I painstakingly selected a few thousand files for offline access. Please Synology, give us the ability to select offline access by folder like you used to in DS Cloud. That being said, I was camping a few weeks ago somewhere without internet access, and I needed to access a file. I fired up Synology Drive on both devices and kept on getting a “Failed to establish network connection” message. What use is selecting a file for offline access when you can’t actually access it when you’re offline? But it gets worse. As I write this I’m away from home at my office, connected to my office’s WiFi on both my phone and iPad. I need to access a file, but I keep on getting the same “Failed to establish network connection” message on both devices and am unable to access any of my synced files. Synology Drive has been a pile of garbage since it was first released.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, 2-way sync is supported in the current version. Could it be an alternative of the scenario that you mentioned?
editing odocs in iOS is VERY limited
The app is not responsive at all. Text doesn’t flow to adjust for screen size. This means it’s super small on a 5in iPhone. In landscape, the keyboard covers the interface to the point that you can’t see what you’re typing. Worse yet, while typing, any suggestions that might complete the current word do not take and instead insert a space after the portion of the word you completed. So if you type wi and autocomplete suggests will, you tap on “will” and get stuck with “wi “. So, in its present state, this app can not in effect be used for much other than viewing odocs and perhaps some copy, paste or formatting operations. Actually typing up or editing a doc is way too slow and cumbersome to be useful. Please fix this soon. Otherwise we’re stuck using Google Docs. Because it’s hard enough to get people to try something else. If it then falls way short of established shared doc platforms, you’re done.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, I am sorry for the issue occurred. To further investigate the situation, please help submit a support ticket via the link: https://account.synology.com/support/create/ticket Our support engineer will get back to you shortly. Thank you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synology Inc.
- 227.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Synology Inc.