The official mobile ticketing app from Caltrain! The Caltrain Mobile app lets you purchase and use fares instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
- No paper fares to keep track of.
- No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
- Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
- Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE RIDER TYPE
2. CHOOSE YOUR STATION OF ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
2. CHOOSE FARE
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY
4. CHOOSE PAYMENT
5. CHECK OUT
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use your activated tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
- Don't uninstall the Caltrain Mobile app or erase your phone while you have active tickets on it. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
- Purchase your ticket right before boarding.
- Show your ticket to the conductor upon request.
- Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App not storing active tickets (UPDATE)
** Update to previous-
I contacted app support and they responded in only a few hours. All I needed to do was Sign Out and sign back in and everything works. Updating my rating to 5 stars for the app and the developer support. 😊
Previous review - When I buy a 4-zone day pass, it immediately disappears and is not shown in the stored tickets area. I end up having to show my receipt email to the attendant to be able to ride.
So far this is a very difficult app to work with. Just registering, it kept on refusing to recognize my email address. After clearing the two fields two or three times and inputting the email address very carefully it decided that it was a valid email address after all.
Looking for a round-trip ticket from Redwood City to Millbrae I am given the option of one way regular fare or a day pass which costs more than twice as much. Are there no round-trip tickets?
In addition, if I had not read the reviews and complaints and the instructions in detail I would not have realized that you have to purchase your ticket just before boarding. Why? This is a very strange application and I’ve only been using it for a few minutes.
Good functionality but misses the mark.
This is a much nicer designed app than the previous ones I’ve used. However, what is the point of a Caltrain app if I can’t use it with my clipper card and can’t buy tickets in advance? I’ve used public transit apps all over the world and the majority of them have the ability to buy a ticket for a certain time. Having an app that doesn’t allow you to plan ahead (especially when it has wallet functionality) makes little sense.
Please add clipper card functionality and the ability to buy tickets ahead of time.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.