Canary supports all your Gmail, iCloud, Office365, Yahoo, IMAP & Exchange accounts.
Access all your Contacts’ emails, files & even social media profiles in one place.
Encrypt emails seamlessly with Canary’s zero-setup encryption, or via PGP.
Get notified as soon as your emails are read.
Save frequently used drafts to reuse them with 1-tap.
Manage all your iOS calendars & events from right within Canary.
Compose emails via Canary’s gorgeous new true dark composer.
Get easy access to the people that matter the most. Never miss important emails.
Choose to get instant Push notifications for important emails only.
Keep important emails at the top of your Inbox.
Compose emails with 1-tap via Canary’s amazing AI-powered suggestions.
**Custom Snooze Times**
Handle emails when the time is right - today, tomorrow, or when you’re ready.
**Custom Thread Actions**
Get quick access to the actions that best suit your workflow.
**Custom Notification Sounds**
Set a unique notification sound for each account.
Easily review all files in a Conversation, without hunting.
Canary Mail 3.0 has been redesigned from the ground up to be faster, simpler, and more intuitive. Take advantage of the full power of iOS 14!
Canary Mail 3.0 Pro is free to try for 30 days. If you’ve already purchased a previous version of the app, you will retain access to those features that you’ve already paid for. You can also choose to unlock the new features after the trial ends via an in-app purchase at a special upgrade price.
Version 3.18 Release Notes :
- New: All new iOS 14 widgets for Emails & Calendar in small, medium & large formats
- New: Gmail categories are now available in the sidebar
- New: Cross device sync adds support for other platforms (after updating to v643+, sync will not work with macOS & iOS devices running older versions)
- New: You can now click and attach a photo via Compose
- Fix: Apple Watch app should work correctly on first launch
- Fix: Adding multiple video attachments should work correctly
- Fix: Search should be faster
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Searching for Newton alternative
I’m very picky about email apps and Newton has spoiled me for the past three years. When they told us they’re closing shop, I went through more than a dozen third party email apps to find one that suits my preferences. I am a firm believer that premium features are worth paying for if done it’s done right.
Canary, though relatively new, has a lot of key features all email apps should have: color coded email by account, email tracking, and EXCELLENT tech support just to name a few.
Though not quite up to Newton standards, this app seems promising and I look forward to future features and releases. There are small nuisances like the inability to sort accounts after you create them, and the ability to pick notification sounds but these are trivial next to the functionality and the security provided by Canary. It’s also a bit slower to load emails than Newton. But for now, it seems I will stick by Canary and see what it becomes!
Overall pretty good but definitely flawed
I really like the canary app as a whole but there are a couple things that will likely prevent me from purchasing it when my trial runs out. I was planning on it after the first couple days but more time has shown some weird stuff.
1) the app doesn’t allow for the downloading of remote images on a per email. Every email app I have ever tried has allowed you to turn off loading remote images for privacy/security and then in each email you can hit a button to download them. This is a great solution as some emails you need the pictures but want it off by default. Canary makes it an all or nothing thing. Never seen it done this way and there’s a reason for that.
2) the app seems to render emails weirdly or just improperly. Multiple emails seemed to get cut off randomly and at first I thought it was just the email but it kept happening. I went and checked the same emails in spark and the Apple Mail app, both of which render the entire email.
3) the unsubscribe feature is awesome. Apple’s implementation in their app is not good as it just sends an email requesting to be unsubscribed which doesn’t always work. Canary’s is great but sometimes it doesn’t work and just opens the website that sent the newsletter. It’s not a problem with the unsubscribe link as if you click on that directly it works. Not sure what’s going on there.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please submit a support ticket here and we’ll look into this for you: https://canarymail.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
What new features??
I’ve been requesting basic features from canary for months that are found in other email apps, and this “new” version includes none of them. In fact, I can see nothing new in the design, settings, or appearance of the app. Looks like a ridiculous excuse to charge loyal users again. What a crock of **it.
In response to the developer's boilerplate answer to my review, the app has basically the same exact features as before with some minor vague "redesign", but basic features such as an instant undelete feature and the ability to see more than first names in the headers of email threads are still missing despite being requested repeatedly by users and being found on almost all other email apps. So to the developer, stop posting BS boilerplate excuses and start delivering done actual new useful features.
To the developer: you completely miss the point. Yes, you have gussied up the interface a little and put a few new features in place that nobody needs, but your app is woefully behind other email apps in basic features that you continue to ignore. People keep requesting these basic features, and you ignore them. So yes, there are some new features and yes each screen looks a little different, but basically you have added nothing of any practical value. Try adding a few features that people actually need and request and maybe people will be willing to pay for them.
Developer Response ,
You can review a full list of new features introduced in 3.0 via Settings > Pro. Further, every single screen in the entire app is new & has been thoroughly redesigned - from the email list to the email reader to Compose, encryption, settings, contact pane, search pane, built-in calendar, etc. It would appear that you have missed all this entirely and as such most of what you allege is inaccurate. In any case, we are unable to indulge individual feature requests. If you do not see value in the 3.0 update, you can choose not to pay and still retain access to core functionality as well as features present in 2.0.
Hi, version 3.0 has been redesigned from the ground up to be faster, simpler, and more powerful.
If you've previously purchased version 2.0, you can upgrade to version 3.0, and continue to use it, for free. You get the all-new design as well as all the features you had before, including encryption. You will not be locked out or lose core functionality even if you do not pay for version 3.0.
If you want the new, premium, features introduced in version 3.0, you have to pay - and if you’ve already bought version 2.0, you get a discount.
We believe this is fair both to existing as well as new users, and enables us to continue development and offer the very best features to all our users on an ongoing basis, while still leveraging a fair and transparent business model that does not rely on selling user data.
- Mailr Tech LLP
- 114.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Mailr Tech LLP
- In-App Purchases
- Canary Mail Pro (New) $19.99
- Canary Mail Pro (Upgrade) $9.99
- Canary Mail $9.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.