“Caption This” adds live closed-captions to videos.
Create eye-catching videos that stand out on social media. Just record a video, or load it from your camera roll, and “Caption This” will add captions that are perfectly synced to your speech. Captions can be edited. Plus you can be creative with a variety of fonts and colors. Best of all, your videos can be any length. "Caption This" has no limits on video duration (although longer videos may take a while to process).
Are you tired of turning up the volume to watch Instagram stories? “Caption This” uses advanced speech-recognition to transcribe your speech.
Captions help improve engagement with your videos. They also help make your videos more accessible to hearing-impaired audiences.
Use “Caption This” to:
• Increase engagement on social media
• Make your videos accessible to deaf and hearing-impaired audiences
• Add captions from your speech
• Captions are synced with the video
• Captions are transcribed automatically with advanced speech-recognition
• Caption text can be edited with the built-in text editor
• Create your custom look with our hand-picked palette of colors
• Choose from a selection of beautiful fonts
• Record videos using the built-in camera mode
• Load videos from your camera library
• Supports both portrait and landscape videos
• No limits on video length--videos can be as long as you want
• Automatically generate captions that are synced with your video
• In camera mode, tap any location in the screen to set focus and exposure
• In camera mode, shoot videos using either the front or back camera
• Customize text and background colors. Choose from our color palette, or use the color picker to select any color
• Edit the generated captions in the text editor
This update provides a few enhancements to caption/subtitle animations engine.
Note: if you are experiencing problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can fix the issue for you! Just leaving a review does not always give us the information needed to resolve the issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Started out good...
As someone who really values accessibility, I was SO excited to be able to use this app after looking into many subtitle apps. I believe making materials accessible should be low cost so this app aligned with that. It started out great with short 30-40sec video captioning for Instagram stories; I had a few edits in words, but no major issues. Today, I’ve tried two different 2.5-3min recordings and both fail in the captioning process. I’m super disappointed because I don’t mind as much fixing basic errors but for it to fail completely?! I don’t even have the opportunity to fix.
Not this one...NEXT!!
I’m so disappointed in this app. I was happy at first to find a free app that added closed captions to videos. I do social media marketing for businesses and I have clients that love to do videos and since everyone’s looking at their phones nowadays and not using sound, closed captions are great to use! The first time I used the app, it was “so so”. I had to edit a few words, but I expect that to happen. The next time I went to use it, the audio kept glitching while I was trying to edit the captions, then it got stuck in one place repeating the same portion of the audio over and over and over and THEN it froze altogether!! I had to upload the video again, because I had no other option than to close out the app and then it doesn’t save any of your progress, anyway. Tried to edit again and the same thing happened. I have SOME patience, so I repeated the same process FOUR times before I finally gave up. Save yourself some time, frustration and headaches. Don’t use this app. I actually found another that does way more for video and the captions are prestine. Try “Mix Captions”. It worked like a charm!!
Great potential, but needs improvement
Love the different font editing. You got huge versatility there. Caption transcription is almost as good as the way you speak it. It has to be clear. I don’t mind editing and fixing a little. My biggest issue right now is that no matter what I do with the font, it always exports same small size font, no matter what I do. Which is very frustrating since I paid for the app and I cannot use is since the font is so small. Hope they fix it so I can increase the rating.
Also, I lost work when editing for a long time and switched between apps. So “save draft” is needed here too.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jonathan Brennecke
- 35.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Jonathan Brennecke
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.