“Caption This” adds live closed-captions to videos.
Create eye-catching videos that stand out on social media. Just record a video, or load it from your camera roll, and “Caption This” will add captions that are perfectly synced to your speech. Captions can be edited. Plus you can be creative with a variety of fonts and colors. Best of all, your videos can be any length. "Caption This" has no limits on video duration (although longer videos may take a while to process).
Are you tired of turning up the volume to watch Instagram stories? “Caption This” uses advanced speech-recognition to transcribe your speech.
Captions help improve engagement with your videos. They also help make your videos more accessible to hearing-impaired audiences.
Use “Caption This” to:
• Increase engagement on social media
• Make your videos accessible to deaf and hearing-impaired audiences
• Add captions from your speech
• Captions are synced with the video
• Captions are transcribed automatically with advanced speech-recognition
• Caption text can be edited with the built-in text editor
• Create your custom look with our hand-picked palette of colors
• Choose from a selection of beautiful fonts
• Record videos using the built-in camera mode
• Load videos from your camera library
• Supports both portrait and landscape videos
• No limits on video length--videos can be as long as you want
• Automatically generate captions that are synced with your video
• In camera mode, tap any location in the screen to set focus and exposure
• In camera mode, shoot videos using either the front or back camera
• Customize text and background colors. Choose from our color palette, or use the color picker to select any color
• Edit the generated captions in the text editor
In this update:
* Fixed a bug causing the solid-colored background to not appear
* Added the ability to sort videos by album in the media picker.
* Added infinite loading to the media picker
Ratings and Reviews
Some fixes still need to be made
There could be a better way to edit the captions. Not every word was accurate and I had to flip back and forth between screens to edit the captions. Then if you leave the app you loose all of the work. There could be a “save draft” option. And I accidentally hit download which didn’t give me any options. It just went to compressing and I lost the progress I had made.
I want to love this but...
The transcription is only ok, which would be fine if it was easy to edit the captions. Unfortunately the interface for editing words is terrible with no easy way to select and replace text.
Not perfect but what I was looking for
Great app that got the job done. It’s true that there will sometimes be issues transcribing videos, but you can easily edit and fix any problems.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.