Cara Care takes the mystery out of your digestion. It’s the easiest way to manage and track gut issues like IBS, IBD, GERD, Celiac, dyspepsia, or food intolerances.
Track your poop, stress, food, pain, and other symptoms (e.g. from IBS) with just a few taps.
The app shows you what your food, symptoms, and poop are like on your best and worst IBS days.
Cara Care’s 12-week IBS program is your personalized guide to following the low FODMAP diet. You’ll get unlimited text chat with a personal dietitian helps you every step of the way in navigating your IBS and beginning low FODMAP. Based on 5,000+ hours of nutritional counseling with people who have IBS.
Apple Health: Synchronizes with the iOS Health app so you can see the connection between your step activity and your symptoms
UNLIMITED ACCESS TO OUR BEST IN CLASS IBS AND POOP TRACKER
• Food Tracker: Save time by adding your favorites and photos for low FODMAP, gluten free, or other diets
• Poop Tracker: Log different types of poop to notice patterns
• Symptom Tracker: Track bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain, and other IBS symptoms
• Medical Log: Record important information about your period, skin, workouts, sleep, pain, and medication
• Food on your best and worst IBS days is shown in your dashboard
• Share your app data easily with your doctor
• Access a library of actionable tips for living with IBS
• Low FODMAP recipes
MAKE LIFE WITH IBS EASIER: JOIN A 12-WEEK IBS LOW FODMAP PROGRAM
• Free unlimited text chat with your personal dietitian
• Personalized analysis of your symptoms and diet from your dietitian
• Follow a self-paced, 12-week action plan for the low FODMAP IBS diet
• Get science-backed tips on managing IBS, with actionable takeaways at every step
• Track your progress with medically-validated IBS questionnaires
WHAT USERS SAY:
"With Cara Care, for the first time I had the feeling that someone wanted to help me. Thanks to the program, I felt much better! Of course there are problems here and there, but I have made a lot of progress and can enjoy eating again." – Phoebe
NOT JUST FOR IBS. NOT JUST A POOP TRACKER.
Cara Care is designed for people with chronic gut conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and IBD (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and microscopic colitis). But Cara Care’s symptom tracker can also help with:
• Bowel problems such as acid reflux, dyspepsia, nausea, chronic abdominal pain, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with symptoms such as chronic bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, watery poop
• Short bowel syndrome, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), gastritis, celiac disease
• Diets such as gluten-free, fructose-free, histamine-free and lactose-free, clean eating, healthy eating, keto
• Food intolerances and sensitivities such as dairy, lactose, cow's milk allergy, fructose, histamine, gluten/wheat
• Leaky gut syndrome & Candida albicans
• Period/menstrual cycle related digestive problems
We would love to hear from you.
Send your questions, suggestions, and feedback to email@example.com
Find us on: https://cara.care
Great news: Our exclusive programs for IBS patients are now available in the app!
They include unlimited chat with a Registered Dietitian, nutrition and (coming soon!) mental health guides, and insights to help you get IBS under control. We’ve also added a food list to help guide you through the complexities of nutrition, which you can personalize with your favorites and filter out your own specific triggers or allergies. Try it for free with no commitment, with a 14-day free trial
Ratings and Reviews
Sincerely the best app
There are no ads in this free app, and if it weren’t free I would gladly pay for it. I have IBS and GERD, and tracking all of my symptoms can be difficult. I usually use MyFitnessPal for food intake but because I don’t have premium, I can’t see the times I ate so I couldn’t correlate foods with symptoms. But this app, Cara, tracks the minute you enter something. You can retroactively add something as well, but only in 15-minute increments. My phone is basically always on me anyway so that’s not a bother. My only complaint is that it doesn’t count “today” as “today” until after 4 am. Sometimes my symptoms cause me to wake at 3 in the morning and it will track it as if it’s the day before. Honestly this would’ve been perfect when I worked swing shift.... oh well.
I like that you can add your own meds, foods, create favorite meals so if you eat the same food every day you just select it. No worries about calorie/nutrient info either like in MFP, so you just type what you ate and add it. You can add your own tags in the symptoms, plus there is a journal tab too so you can take notes in the same entry as your food/symptoms. Really, can’t ask for better. This is an ideal app for any symptoms for any ailment.
I have been using this for a while and for those who are having crashing issues... I suggest updating your iOS. I haven’t had a single functioning issue with this app yet.
I dig it
I am a male and I suffer from IBS-D, heartburn and acid reflux. This app is helping me to track and take note of my trigger foods and ultimately avoid or at least be aware of the things that are and are not causing my symptoms . It is fairly easy to use this app in conjunction with the FODMAP diet, but many of the foods are more European than American in regards to the commonality and name. Luckily, you can add as many foods and name them, or mis-name, them however you like and that has worked super well when doing to FODMAP plan as there are many strange concoctions and gluten free varieties of foods to track. I also have had great success snapping pictures of my food and saving them in the “saved or favorite” recipes area making it particularly handy to meal prep for multiple days at a time and not have to try and re-enter everything over and over again for any meal you eat it at. Don’t worry, if you forget to save you can roll back to the day you had something previously, pop it open and save it to your favorites list (I do this several times a week). I also find that I may prep salads for a week but add carrots one day or a different/no dressing on another day, I enjoy that the saved recipes are not locked and you can odd or remove any part of it after selecting it as the meal you’re entering.
Enjoy your results!
I’ve struggled with IBS as well as other unknown chronic illnesses, food intolerances, anxiety, depression, etc. since I was 15 (I’m now 21). A few months ago I saw a nutritionist that simply provided me with a template to track everything that I eat. It really opened my eyes to the content and amount I was eating and how it may have connections to flare-ups of symptoms but as you can imagine, it’s difficult to hand-write notes on every single thing you eat when you’re leading a busy lifestyle. Especially when I snack all day long! I tried other similar apps that only track your calories by scanning barcodes and that actually encouraged me to eat more processed, packaged foods because of the ease of tracking the calories. I love that this app leaves so much room for customization not only with the foods that you put (I personally input the brand and the grams of sugar per meal for my own use) but also symptoms (what some may call “indigestion” I call “sharp epigastric pain”) and you can add these custom symptom tags! Cara support seems very responsive and personable as well. Very happy that I found this app, and I highly recommend it for anyone suffering of anything chronic.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- HiDoc Technologies GmbH
- 92.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Cara Care by HiDoc Technologies GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (limited promotion) $89.99
- Premium $89.99
- Trial subscription 2 weeks $0.00