CardBeat is a simple yet powerful tool for plotting your novel, screenplay or short story. It's a digital cork board that keeps all the fun things about working with index cards – and gets rid of all the rest.
- Easily break your story into acts, sequences and scenes, structure your plots and shuffle them around as much as you like – all without wasting ink or paper.
- Use cards in different colors, with lines or grids printed on them.
- Choose between three different kinds of pencils in various sizes and an almost infinite amount of colors.
- Don't have an Apple Pencil? CardBeat lets you draw just as easily with you finger.
- Don't like your handwriting or prefer a cleaner look? CardBeat takes keyboard input, too!
- Move your cards around freely in any dimension, without the limits of grids or table cells.
- Need feedback from a colleague? Export your board as a PDF for easy sharing.
- Want to use CardBeat in a Writers' Room? Connect any screen or projector to your iPad or iPhone and get a crisp overview of the board you're working on.
CardBeat also has world-class privacy, with no third-party analytics or ad trackers and a simple off switch for iCloud synching.
Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good enough, too minimal to justify pro upgrade at the moment
App works well enough. You can create notecards and drag them around a canvas easily, zoom in and out of the canvas, and easily delete/add new notecards.
There aren’t many features, however. I question whether $23 for the pro version is worth the price just to unlock multiple cork boards. I’ll keep an eye out if more features are added and consider changing my review later.
The app is much more geared towards drawing on the notecards than typing, which unfortunately isn’t my primary use case. Font and text formatting control is unfortunately lacking. Text autofits to notecards.
I would love to see some snapping/grid spacing options for the cards, custom sizing of cards, text formatting controls, and different export options like plaintext or formatted text so that card contents can be copied and pasted to other documents, beat sheets, lists, etc.
With these kinds of features, this could become an invaluable part of my process. The potential is there.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for your feedback! We’re working on better export options as well as a grid/snap feature for the board. Different card sizes and non-automatic text formatting aren’t planned yet, but we’ll look into those later. It’s always a challenge to strike the right balance between features and simplicity, but we‘ll try to do our best 😅
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stefan Stuckmann
- 3.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Stefan Stuckmann
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.