Play your favorite game CATAN anytime and anywhere: the original board game, the card game, the expansions and ‘CATAN – Rise of the Inkas‘, all in one app!
After a long voyage of great deprivation, your ships have finally reached the coast of an uncharted island. However, other explorers have also landed on Catan: The race to settle the island has begun!
Build roads and cities, trade skillfully and become Lord or Lady of Catan!
Go on a journey to the Catan universe, and compete in exciting duels against players from all over the world. The board game classic and the Catan card game bring a real tabletop feeling to your screen!
Play with your Catan Universe account on the device of your choice: You can use your login on numerous desktop and mobile platforms! Become part of the huge worldwide Catan community, and compete against players from all over the world, and on all supported platforms.
The board game:
Play the basic board game in multiplayer mode! Join two of your friends for a maximum of three players and face all the challenges in “Arrival on Catan”.
Make things even more exciting by unlocking the full Basegame; the expansions “Cities & Knights” and “Seafarers”, each for up to six players. The special scenario pack containing the scenarios “Enchanted Land” and “The Great Canal” adds even more variety to your games.
The game edition ‘Rise of the Inkas‘ is another exciting challenge for you, as your settlements are doomed in their heyday. The jungle swallows the signs of human civilization, and your opponents seize their chance to build their settlement at the location they crave for.
The card game:
Play the introductory game of the popular 2 player card game “Catan – The Duel” online free of charge or master the free “Arrival on Catan”, to permanently unlock the single player mode against the AI.
Get the complete card game as an in-game purchase to play three different theme sets against friends, other fans friends or different AI opponents and submerge yourself into the bustling life on Catan.
- Trade – build – settle – Become Lord of Catan!
- Play on all your devices with one account.
- Faithful to the original version of the board game “Catan”, as well as the card game “Catan – The Duel” (aka “Rivals for Catan”)
- Design your own avatar.
- Chat with other players and form guilds.
- Participate in seasons and win amazing prizes.
- Play to earn numerous achievements and unlock rewards.
- Get additional expansions and play modes as in-game purchases.
- Get started very easily with the comprehensive tutorial.
- Basic game free matches against two other human players
- Introductory game free matches Catan – The Duel against a human player
- “Arrival on Catan”: Master the challenges in all areas of the game to get more red Catan suns.
- You can use Catan suns to play against the computer. Your yellow suns recharge on their own.
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to email@example.com
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates: www.catanuniverse.com or visit us on www.facebook.com/CatanUniverse
Minor improvements and adjustments
The "Scout" achievement can be acquired regularly again
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Just like the board game, but with frustrating AI
Super fun app, but a few things I’ve noticed:
1. The AI can make actions (buy settlements, play dev cards, etc.) at the start of a turn (before they roll) even though I cannot, so they have an advantage where they can drop to under 7 cards BEFORE a 7 is rolled.
2. Sometimes the AI will offer me a trade, and I will accept it, but instead of trading, they will offer me another, better, trade. So I accept that, but instead of it going through, they offer me yet another better trade. It seems like the game gets hung up where my accept button is actually denying the trade, so the AI is offering me better and better deals, but I’m never able to make the trade go through. They eventually trade 4-1 with the bank, and it is frustrating.
3. The UI is not intuitive at all. After I finished the first few games, I had to quit the entire app because I couldn’t figure out how to get back to the home screen without shutting down the entire game. After a while I found where you can click through several screens to get back to the main menu, but it is unnecessarily complicated.
4. Also, as others have said, the dice are clearly not random.
When playing the AI (especially of “Master” difficulty) it just happens to be that the robber is insanely lucky to be on your best resource for the whole game. Try to buy 1,2,3 development cards to get a knight to move it? They will all just happen to be road buildings, monopolies, victory points. When you finally get a knight, within 2 more turns a 7 is guaranteed to be rolled so that the AI can put the robber right back on your resource. Then a 7 will not be rolled for probably 25 turns as long as you dont play another knight. But once you play a knight to move the robber off, its guaranteed to be back on in only a couple turns. Also if you have 8 resources there are very high odds of AI rolling 7. Im pretty sure catan just cant come up with an AI that is actually good enough to beat a skilled human so in order to make it “hard” they need to adjust the luck of the game.
What is worse than this though is when your resources magically “disappear” from your hand. Several times when I get robbed by the AI i have seen the resource that the AI took from my hand disappear and then about 1 second later another resource just disappears from your hand too (no 7 rolled or knight played). No explanation for that. You could at least do a better job at hiding the fact that the game is rigged. 👎
Also when playing multiplayer 90% of the time a 7 is rolled in the first 2 turns and then not rolled again for a long time. Not saying its rigged but just very annoying.
EDIT 1: some of the main concerns were addressed and - to some extent - corrected. Game breaking bugs in matches were reduced substantially, from about 90% of matches to a healthy 15% (yep, I kept an excel). The in-game interface is still the same, and in my humble opinion, not very intuitive. Regardless, the app is moving in the right direction. Adjusting stars from 1 to 3. REALLY looking forward to the update that was supposed to happen a few hours ago(?).
The board game is amazing and the app has so much potential. However, it is ridiculously common for a game to get bugged. The problem with that is that it affects all other players, not just whoever got bugged. So the game hangs up thinking no one is having issues, meanwhile this one player is stalling for upwards of 20 mins (and the game cant figure out that something is wrong and just kick him). Kicktimers trigger for no reason when you’re in-game and everything else seems to be doing fine. Not much incentive to level up. Not much to buy in the shop (honestly if there were more items available, with better perks than a viking hat, I’d be throwing money at you guys). Elo visibility is really nice tho, kinda only thing that keeps me and my friends around. Just a tip, elo games tend to not show opponents’ elo in the pre-game screen so that it won’t affect in-game tactics (i.e. 3v1, etc). Really looking forward to an update and hopefully adjusting this rating. Thanks for your hard work!
Hi ExperiencedProjectEngineer, version 1.4.5 was releasd yeasterday with lots of improvements to the game. Thank you also for your feedback on other issues!
Der Entwickler, USM, hat darauf hingewiesen, dass die Datenschutzrichtlinien der App den unten stehenden Umgang mit Daten einschließen können. Weitere Informationen findest du in den Datenschutzrichtlinien des Entwicklers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Die Datenschutzpraktiken können zum Beispiel je nach den von dir verwendeten Funktionen oder deinem Alter variieren. Weitere Infos
- United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- © 2022 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich; Catan GmbH
- 500 Catan Gold $4.99
- 900 Catan Gold $7.99
- 1700 Catan Gold $14.99
- 200 Catan Gold $1.99
- 300 Catan Gold $2.99
- 3000 Catan Gold $26.99
Freund:innen herausfordern und Bestenlisten und Erfolge aufrufen.