The CharmPass app lets you purchase and use fares instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to track.
• Purchase BaltimoreLink Local Service, MARC Train, and Commuter Bus tickets all from one app.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE SERVICE
2. CHOOSE FARE
3. SELECT TICKET TYPE
4. CHOOSE QUANTITY
5. CHECK OUT
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can activate your pre-purchased tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the CharmPass app or erase your phone while you have active tickets on it. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Purchase your ticket anytime and activate your fare as you’re boarding.
• Show your ticket to the operator of the vehicle.
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app worked seamlessly (w/ the exception of the MTA Metro agent not being able to articulate how or when to open the “Use Ticket” tab). Used for the 1st time this morning after hearing of its release yesterday. So far, really good! The 90min transfer is an added perk that I’m glad MTA has brought back (Until recently I traveled daily on the subway, transferring to the light rail which takes less than an hr total, but would be required to pay twice as it wasn’t considered a one way trip). I hope the app never malfunctions bc Baltimore commuters deserved the modernization.
Finally ! E-Ticketing for MTA
When I first purchase the app, I made my profile & add my mode of payment. It was easy to purchase tickets as you have to select your mode of transportation from the drop down menu. However, I didn’t know that purchasing the tickets are different from activating the tickets. When you buy the tickets, there an expiration date. But, when you click on the ticket it is activated. This means that if the train conductor do not check your activation than the ticket you purchase is wasted.
Login issue fixed - great app!
I’ve updated this review now that the login issue is fixed. This app has been great. For a few days you had to login every time you used the app, but that isn’t happening now. If it’s still happening to you, delete the app and re-download it and it should work again without making you log in each time.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.