ChmPlus Reader (CHM+ Reader) is a feature-rich CHM (Microsoft Compiled HTML Help) document / ebook reader for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. ChmPlus Reader is currently the best CHM reader available for iOS.
***** ChmPlus Reader is now also available for Mac! (search for "chmplus" on the Mac App Store) *****
ChmPlus Reader now supports passcode lock!
CHM/ePub Document Support:
- Highlight / annotation / bookmark
- Search (find on page & document-wide search)
- Open CHM files instantly (even with huge files)
- Supports CHM files in different languages
- Supports pinch to zoom
- Navigate through table of contents
- Supports full screen mode
- Look up words with Google / Wiktionary
- Supports auto rotation and orientation lock
- Support CHM document that contains .mht pages
- Long press on an image to:
1) save the image to photo album
2) copy the image to clipboard (and paste it into your email)
- night mode (white text on black background)
- Built-in web browser for viewing images and external links
- Transfer files via Wi-Fi (FTP & HTTP) / iTunes File Sharing
- Create/copy/move/rename/delete files and folders
- Passcode lock
- Support opening document with other applications
- Import document from other applications
- Import document from Email
- Edit existing text documents
- Send multiple Email attachments
- Create .zip archives
- Save image to Photos
Supported File Types:
- .chm (Microsoft Compiled HTML Help)
- .epub (electronic publication)
- MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx
- iWork '08/'09 (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- PDF, HTML, RTF, .mht, Safari webarchives and text files
- .zip, .rar, .7z, .bz2, .gz, .tar and various other archive file types
- High resolution images
- Audio and video
Note: support for .mht format is experimental, the App might not be able to open large .mht files.
Q: How to turn off instant search (live search) to speed up searching?
A: You can turn it off in the settings.
- Fix the Wi-Fi button crash issue for iOS 6 and prior
Ratings and Reviews
Navigation is bad
The iPad version does not compare with CHMate Premium.
Here they have no integration to get files from Cloud drives.
Here the navigation is flat and you have to click multiple times to search the document due to complex menus. It should just be a pull down like spotlight. This is on iOS, right? It should feel like an iOS app.
I would like to see a real hierarchy that stays open and follows my reading as I turn the pages.
And speaking of turning the pages, it should actually go as fast as my finger. CHMate premium does but here, the lag is so long that I try to turn the page again before the page is shown and then it waits and skips forward again. Really, really bad.
Unable to highlight
Unable to highlight .please provide a fix
Just bought it and it locks up
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.