Introducing Cinema Theater: The ultimate third-party Netflix and YouTube desktop client. Cinema Theater allows you to view Videos without the need for a web browser in a HTML 5 compliant video player -- no Flash or Silverlight required. Simply open the app, login, and you're good to go. As well as viewing videos without a web browser, Cinema Theater provides a unified and integrated experience: Controls seamlessly fade in and out, Control Video right from the Menubar, and even closing the Window will send Video right to the Menubar so you can enjoy Netflix Videos straight from your Menubar!
Cinema Theater lets you Float the Video above all other Windows (so you'll never miss a moment), and you can set the Transparency to give an experience far superior to a Web browser. Cinema Theater can also remember the last point you stopped watching, so as you soon as you open the application the video will continue right where you left off. With all these features, and offering a sleek interface and modern foundation, Cinema Theater fits like a glove for macOS and offers not just the best video viewing experience for macOS, but on any platform!
Super Cool Features
- Enjoy Netflix and YouTube videos without the need for a web browser
- Native HTML 5 Player consumes less energy than using Flash or Silverlight
- One button in the Toolbar switches between Netflix and YouTube mode with a single click
- Move Mouse over window to fade titlebar/controls in, move Mouse outside window to make them fade out
- Float Above all Windows Option so your favorite TV show or movie will always stay above other windows
- Transparency Option so you can always see what's underneath
- Search field in the Toolbar makes it easy to search Netflix and YouTube in a snap
- Manage Watch History, Playback Settings, Account Settings, and more
- Close Window to Send Video right to Menubar (Click on Menubar Item to open/close the Video Popover, Click the Video Player to restore the Video to original size)
- Continue Playback when App is Opened Option lets the Video continue playback right where you left off
- Full Screen/Split-Screen supported
- Convenient Back/Forward/Refresh buttons
*Netflix Subscription is required for Netflix functionality
*Cinema Theater is a third party application and is not in any way endorsed, affiliated, or promoted by Netflix or YouTube
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and Reviews
This is not an app
Appears as though it’s a Chrome Frame with no address bar & a custom theme, that only goes to Netflix. I wasted money for something that I already had and am very unimpressed that you would claim you wrote an app when you only customized someone else app. Pretty lame.
Finally! A worthy Netflix app for Mac OS
As an IT person I jump between Windows and Mac on a regular basis. The Netflix app for Windows 10 is awesome and I have been disappointed that a native app had not been made for Mac…until now. This app rocks, was easy to setup and I look forward to seeing it develop more in the coming releases.
Toyed with this app for a few hours logging on and off and tinkering with several shows and the search prompt. Works very well.
- Mach Software Design
- 3.5 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 Mach Software Design
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.