After Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina, fell to the Union, in early 1865, Jefferson Davis belatedly handed over the supreme command or the army to General Lee. This could not stop the Union armies pressing on through North Carolina, capturing Fayetteville, Bentonville, Goldsboro and Raleigh by mid-April.
Exhausted by the Union siege of Petersburg and Richmond, Lee's forces made a last attempt at resistance, attacking and capturing Fort Stedman on March 25. A rapid counterattack reversed the victory, however, and on the night of April 2nd the Confederate army finally evacuated Richmond. For most of the next week, the Union army pursued the Confederates along the Appomattox River, exhausting any chance of escape. Grant accepted Lee's surrender at Appomattox Court House on April 9th. Sherman accepted Johnston's surrender at Durham Station, North Carolina on April 26th, finally ending the American Civil War, and to slavery in the United States of America.
● 7 Mission Tutorial Campaign
● 5 Mission Twilight Campaign, including the battles of;
- Fort Fisher
- Monroe's Crossroads
- Fort Stedman
● 5 Mission Dissolution Campaign, including the battles of;
- Lewis Farm
- White Oak Road
- Sutherland Station
- Namozine Church
● 1 optional hypothetical mission based on a break-out from Richmond!
● Play all but the tutorial missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Smoothbore Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● Hours of Gameplay!
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2016 HexWar Games Ltd.
Change: The Bonus 'Twilight' Campaign is now available to all players without requiring an email registration.
Fix: Some sound effects not playing following the last update.
Fix: The campaign names did not always display correctly in the campaign victory display.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple yet addictive
Good game overall. This version has missions that are more difficult than the previous versions.
STOP taking away the Southern Cross Confederate Battle flag from your games especially this late in the war. Every new update that is put out diminishes the value and/or the historical meaning of the game. States Rights and are second war of independence! Not what the media and the new history books say, my ancestors and more than 90% of the other southerners didn’t fight to maintain slavery. While the Union maintained slavery up north until way later after the war under the American flag........... The last update that I got for 1864 will not even open, the main screen comes on and then it blows up that it just shows the top left corner of it. Like it is on an iPad. Do Not Update this game!!!!
As good as the others
Not so great on my iPhone, but really good on my iPad. I'd like you guys to create a hex-based wargame with NATO military-type icons where you can adjust the combat values and lots of different maps. A guy named Cozart had a PC game called Board Warfare a while back that was pretty fun. How 'bout it? Or, how about a modern or near-future game less sci-fi than your mech game?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 315.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.