CloudAhoy is a data-driven post-flight debrief tool, providing insightful feedback for pilots at any level, for safety, proficiency, and fun.
CloudAhoy provides post-flight data driven debriefs for pilots of all levels. Each flight is automatically analyzed and broken down into segments to easily evaluate pilot performance. Maneuver scoring provides a snapshot of how well you flew. Review airspeed, altitude, and wind corrections and relive your ground reference maneuvers or instrument approaches. Combine different views, chart overlays and detailed graphs to assist with identifying areas of improvement. Get a full picture of your performance and proficiency within minutes of landing.
Download the app and enjoy CloudAhoy free for 35 days.
- General aviation pilots: weekend warriors, commercial & recreational pilots
- Flight training: students and instructors
- Flight schools
- Professional pilots and corporate flight departments
CloudAhoy users fly all types of aircraft and simulators. Debrief VFR and IFR flights, training flights, cross country flights, and special missions such as search and rescue.
• Auto-segmentation and recognition of flight maneuvers
• Objective maneuver scoring and evaluation
• View flights in 2D or 3D, on the app or any computer platform
• Overlay aviation charts, terrain maps, or satellite images
• HUD cockpit view: relive your flight in 3D animation
• Flight data import from many devices, apps, and EFIS
• Glass cockpit gauges
• Display the wind along your route. Check your wind corrections.
• Optional synchronized video - view up to two feeds
• IFR: Compare your instrument approaches vs. 3D or 2D published IAPs
• Plot altitude, IAS, VS and other profiles of your approaches
• In-flight mode for marking custom segments of the flight in real-time
• Logbook-like listing of any flight you have flown with CloudAhoy
• Use internal iPhone/iPad GPS, or an external GPS
• Flight sharing between CloudAhoy pilots, and with people without an account
• Supports iPad multitasking
“It’s a fun way to replay your flights, but it also has real value for training and currency flights.” -Sportys iPad Pilot News
“Always available, cost effective, and emotionally neutral technology that helps a CFI be more efficient.” -SAFE Pilots Blog
“CloudAhoy is my debriefing tool of choice.” -Steve Thorne, FlightChops
This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
* Military customers: Aircraft types can now be selected on the Pre-Flight tab
Ratings and Reviews
My First Attempt, Failure!
My first attempt to use the app was a failure. To be fair, this was during my BFR / IPC and I must have accidentally turned the phone on airplane mode.
On another attempt, my iPhone showed no GPS signal in this application. My other apps showed location, but this app requires a really good signal for tracking flight maneuvers. Mr. Chuck Shavit, with CloudAhoy, has been very helpful discussing the application and issues that I have had with the application, and because of this, I really believe this application has great potential. I'll report back after my next flight. Thanks for a very hopeful application!
* After several more flights with this app, I've really come to like it. The only improvement that I can imagine is that if the app is running, it should have an option for "auto start". I often start the app, get busy and forget to "start". This should be a fairly easy option to add. Thanks for such a useful training tool.
Packs full functionality into iPhone app
I've been using CloudAhoy on my PC and iPad for several months but only recently downloaded it onto my iPhone 6. I was expecting a simplified interface with a reduced set of functionality but was really surprised that they managed to fit it all in. The screen real estate on my phone is minimal but they've incorporated fly-out menus to keep it clean. The CloudAhoy service on all platforms is simply amazing. I'm working on my instrument rating and it's proven to be an invaluable tool for analyzing my performance. It's especially nice to relax that evening and review the flight in an easy chair from various viewpoints and angles. I use ForeFlight in the cockpit and it exports track logs quickly and easily into CloudAhoy. This app is highly recommended.
Great tool for training, fun to share with passengers
Used this a lot during my PPL training. I still use it when taking people on fun scenic flights. If they nerd out on aviation as much as I do I can share our flight with them and they can see exactly what we did.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CloudAhoy, Inc.
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021, CloudAhoy, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- CloudAhoy Standard $64.99
- CloudAhoy Pro $149.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.