From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Columbus Dispatch app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for $2.99 ($7.99/month after), or $39.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.dispatch.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• We've made updates to our iOS 14 widget for a cleaner experience
• And as always, some bug fixes and performance improvements along the way.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Progress — Not Perfect
The new app format, as any change that impacts ingrained muscle memory actions, triggered an initial knee jerk “I don’t like it” reaction - like when the chef first puts cilantro in your favorite bolognese sauce.
But the index is easy to navigate and the “fit” arrows allow you to recreate the “old days” with a click. The combination of these features allows a much easier way to navigate each issues, which in my case usually involves a quick click on the obituaries to make sure I’m not in there.
Not all changes are good
The new app seems zippier, but has made some bad trade offs. Most notably, when you tap to read an article, the article only fills the bottom half of my iPad; the top shows a shrunken and largely useless image of the page. That is not what I need in that moment, let me use my full screen to read the article like the old app did. And let me read the ENTIRE article to the end, not just the part on that page! Also, you removed the ability for me to change the font size to my tastes (I prefer it larger than the default), as pretty much all e-readers have allowed forever. Restoring these features would make this a much better app, the old app had them and it was a mistake to remove them. (I also miss dynamic view a little, but that’s not a show stopper...I tended to use the standard view more anyway.)
Great newspaper and the app is fine if you want to read random stories by section. However, the app fails if you want to read the E-Edition and see the articles in order as it appears in the print edition. You have two bad choices. The first choice is the html browser which is hard to read. It has extra menus on the top and bottom which reduces the viewable screen. Plus text goes to the very edge of the screen on the sides. The second choice is a separate app. This is also bad because you have to click through over 300 pages just to skip over advertisements, random pages, and other non story pages. It should allow me to read the E-edition using a clean interface and swiping right for the next story. The old app was much better at this. The new app could work if it uses the same page layout for the E-Edition as it does for the other sections. Can I downgrade to the old app?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 191.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $7.99
- Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.