Columbus Dispatch 12+
Latest news from Ohio and more
GateHouse Media, Inc.
- Offers In-App Purchases
From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Columbus Dispatch app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.dispatch.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• This version brings back the popular in the lower navigation.
• The update includes plenty of bug fixes and improvements.
• For any questions, feedback or concerns please reach out to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Progress — Not Perfect
The new app format, as any change that impacts ingrained muscle memory actions, triggered an initial knee jerk “I don’t like it” reaction - like when the chef first puts cilantro in your favorite bolognese sauce.
But the index is easy to navigate and the “fit” arrows allow you to recreate the “old days” with a click. The combination of these features allows a much easier way to navigate each issues, which in my case usually involves a quick click on the obituaries to make sure I’m not in there.
Columbus Dispatch app tough to use
I will start with a positive comment. I very much enjoy their content. As a long time resident and supporter of the Columbus region, I feel the coverage, from politics to community needs, its all good coverage. My negative is simply that their app and customer support is very lacking. Customer support is only available by phone, and then when you finally reach someone, they will tell you that they do not support the online services of the Dispatch. The app has a very limited Q&A section.
Their chat feature, once you find it on the full Dispatch web site (not within the app), only deals with delivery and subscriptions for the paper deliver service, not online service! Frustrating.
Anyway, I hope they figure this out. Online delivery of the news is their future, whether they want to face it or not. Good luck Dispatch!
E-Edition is not user friendly
The most recent version of the E-Edition is very clunky and difficult to navigate. With prior version, you just double clicked on a story, and it would pull up the story, and you could “X” out when done and it would take you back to the same page you were just on. Also, you used the back and forward arrows to turn the pages. Easy and made sense. Still can’t figure out this new version, even after reading the tutorial. Can’t figure how to view the entire story, and get back to the previous page. Also, the back and forth arrow keys take you to the home page of the app, they don’t turn the pages. Also, the pages are too small to read, or if you enlarge them, they too big and can only view part of the page at a time. Please fix this, reading the paper shouldn’t be so difficult and stressful. Can’t even imagine how it difficult it is for for those who are less computer-literate than I am.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 197.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2023 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $14.99
- Subscription $69.99