"I've only had it for a day but it is by far my favorite app on my iPad Pro. It is the app I have been waiting for. Thank you!" - Alex Ogle, Comic Book Artist.
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
While the basic app allows viewing and sharing of Comic Draw comics, an In-App Purchase unlocks the full editing capabilities. Start with a comic or cartoon template and get creating today!
• Comic Viewer Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- Integrated fullscreen comic reader
- Import and Export Comic Draw files
• Comic Editor Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
- Standard comic and cartoon templates
- 34 bundled brushes
- 130+ bundled comic fonts
- Layers and layer groups
- 1, 2 & 3 point and isometric perspective guides
- Fast and easy comic lettering
- Auto-save enabled - never lose your artwork
- Integrated publishing system
- 34 bundled brushes
- Textures and screentones
- Lots of customization options
- Easy favoriting system
- Import and export brushes for fast sharing
- Build up your artwork with layers
- Layer groups help separate your stages of work
- Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
- Layer blend modes for advanced effects
- Clipping and masking modes
- Create custom color palettes
- Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
- Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
- Quick shade adjustment slider
- Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
- 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
- Multiple guides per page
- Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
- Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
- Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
- Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
- Mask regions for safe painting
- 130+ bundled fonts
- Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
- Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
- Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
- Full comic script editor included
- Automatic keyword recognition
- Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
- Separate sketch area with simplified tools
- Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
- Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
- Record video of your creative process
- Upload to Comic Connect for fast and easy publishing
- Import Comic Draw native format
- Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more
* Fixed various layer mask issues
* Fixed layer group drawing issues
* Fixed extraneous whitespace issue when dragging elements from script
* Fixed an inverted drop shadow issue with lettering when exporting to PSD
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing but one issue
I’ve noticed it’s similar to Procreate but I definitely prefer the layout of this over Procreate tbh. There’s so much potential in it. I started using this for my first comic and I’m really enjoying the process of organizing my panels. I sincerely hope this app sticks around for a long time and hopefully builds up and becomes more efficient than it is.
I do have one problem with this app. It’s simply the fact that the paint bucket tool doesn’t seem to recognize other layers as a boundary. Perhaps it’s my line art not completely filling the gaps but even when I’ve tried working around this by drawing sections of color that are the same as a fill, the bucket just goes over the shape and colors areas I don’t want it to. Maybe there’s already a way around this that I haven’t figured out yet. But I say this because filling up sections with color make things less tedious for me instead of drawing in color to fill my line art.
Other programs like photoshop and krita recognize this, and I was hoping to find something like that here.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review! Glad you are enjoying Comic Draw! As for the filling; what we recommend is to create a new layer *below* the lines you want to fill, and then simply do a quick tap of the Paint bucket fill.
Or If you want to directly fill the stroke layer, you will need to select the actual layer with your art lines and then do a long tap to fill that layer you are on.
In summary, the paint bucket will fill the current layer but using borders from the layer above. However, if you use a long press it will fill the current layer, using borders from current layer.
Please let us know if you continue to have any questions: email@example.com
Can’t believe I can do all this on an iPad!
I recently ran a successful Kickstarter to fund my first comic book. Originally, I planned to draw everything by hand, scan the artwork, then color everything in Photoshop. But after taking Comic Draw for a serious test drive, I now realize I can do all that (and more) directly on my iPad Pro. This app has opened up a whole new world for me creatively. Thank you, Plasq!!!
My only suggestions for the app are minor (and not worth subtracting a star, so I’m still giving it five stars). For instance I’d love to see the same “snap to grid” functionality for drawing comic boxes on the lettering layer that you have on the pencil and inking layers. I’d like to have a more sophisticated color picker that lets us choose specific RGB, CMYK and HEX values for colors, and so on.
But even if the lack of certain features (such as a more robust color picker) keep you from using this app as an all-in-one solution, it’s still a powerful tool to integrate somewhere into your workflow. Currently, because I’m running Comic Draw on an iPad Pro, I’m able to create full-sized pages at 600dpi, with up to 11 layers, and export them as Photoshop files. And drawing on the iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil is a DREAM!!!
Fantastic App, Still Evolving
I drafted a full length graphic novel using Comic Draw and it has amazing capabilities. I can easily import my own images, add custom fonts by using AnyFont, and the brushes and pencils are great. The support team is highly responsive and receptive to input. What is still evolving is the compatibility with Adobe programs that would make this more useful for professionals working with editors and printers. I would like to be able to import/export layered files easily to Photoshop and InDesign and be able to edit text there, have large files be less glitchy, manually organize and stack projects as in Procreate, and make the user interface just a bit smoother e.g., when creating panels (sometimes they snap to the wrong place), trying to delete things that were mistakenly pasted on the caption layer, etc. I’m confident these things will be worked out over time... It’s really freeing to be able to do so much with the Apple Pencil and it would have taken me much longer to finish drafting my project without Comic Draw. Love this program and it is worth every penny.
- plasq LLC
- 246.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), and iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 plasq LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full App $9.99
- Free Trial
- Free Trial
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.