InPen helps you take the right amount of insulin, at the right time, by automatically tracking your doses and providing personalized insulin recommendations.
YOUR INSULIN PEN SHOULD WORK HARDER FOR YOU
Why are you still using a pen that doesn’t track when you dose and how much you took? InPen records all of your doses automatically. The app provides personalized insulin recommendations based on your glucose level, meal size, and insulin still active from prior injections.
A SIMPLE, FLEXIBLE AND AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVE TO A PUMP
Wish you could get benefits of a pump without the hassle of being tethered to a device 24/7? Tired of filling cartridges, changing infusion sites, charging your pump? Experience the freedom of pen therapy with access to all the data to help stay on top of your diabetes and save money.
Forbes, Today Show, Healthline, Business Insider, ADA Diabetes Spectrum, Diabetes Daily, Diatribe, Diabetes Self-Management, and more.
WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING
“InPen is a gamechanger! With such a hectic life, sometimes I found myself wondering if I already injected or not. This not only keeps tabs via Bluetooth on how much and when I injected, but how much active insulin is left in my body so I don’t over-inject!”
“My InPen has changed my life. Very happy to say 5 months in and today my Dr lowered the amount of insulin I was taking. Such an amazing product for us. Thanks InPen!”
“This successful year wouldn’t be possible without one of my favorite pieces of diabetes technology, InPen - a smart insulin pen! ... It saved me thousands of dollars and gave me so much peace of mind by helping me calculate insulin on the @companionmedical app. I NEVER thought I could live without my pump... Taking a pump break that has lasted 12 months was the best decision for my diabetes management - physically, mentally and financially. Thank you Companion Medical!”
ALL YOUR DATA IN ONE PLACE - AUTOMATICALLY
- Automatically records every dose
- Automatically syncs current GuardianTM Connect CGM data
- Automatically syncs Dexcom CGM
- Automatically syncs Apple Health® integrated BG meters
- See the effect insulin and meals have on your glucose in a single integrated view
- View up to last 90 days of data
THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF INSULIN... AT THE RIGHT TIME
- Personalized dose recommendations based on blood glucose, carb intake or meal size, and active insulin from prior doses
- Recommendations for when to eat carbs to prevent low glucose
- Carb counting, meal estimation, and fixed dose modes
- Reduced stress of insulin stacking and under-dosing
AVOID DANGEROUS LOWS AND FRUSTRATING HIGHS
- Accounts for active insulin from prior doses to help prevent overcorrecting
- Helps you avoid missed doses with long-acting and missed meal dose reminders
- Helps you correct high glucose between meals with confidence
- Alerts you if your insulin got too hot or too cold
ADVANCED INSIGHTS FOR YOU AND YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER
- Easily view and share advanced therapy reports
- Helps you assess the effectiveness of your long acting and meal doses
- View active insulin and recent doses from your lock screen
INPEN SMART INSULIN PEN
- Available in Blue, Pink and Grey
- Supports Humalog® or Novolog® and Fiasp® cartridges (not included)
- Available through your retail pharmacy at a low price or visit our website
- Prescription required
- Unlocks Dose Calculator and Active insulin in the app when paired
- Works with multiple pens so you can keep one pen at home and one at school or work
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Few minor fixes, otherwise great!
I’ve been on InPen for a little over a year now, coming from a pump after my last DKA episode. Love this app for the most part, but there’s just a couple things I’d like to see changed. As another reviewer stated, being able to retroactively enter blood sugars would be great. The only other thing I’d like to see is a slight tweak to the BG reminder. I love having that because it ensures I check more frequently, but say for example I look at the app and it’s been 1h 50m since my last injection. I go ahead and test, put that in the app, and do what it says. Why does the 2 hour reminder still show up 10 minutes later? If I check my blood sugar and put it in the app, that should cancel out. Other than that, great app, keeps me more on top of my levels than I’ve been in years, even during my 15 years on a pump!
Multiple replacements all defective pen caps!
I’ve had 3 pens with issues with the pen caps either coming loose, breakage of the clip or completely falling off. I’ve almost lost a full cartridge of insulin on many occasions. I can’t carry my InPen with me in my pocket. It’s not secure. I’ve been using this pen for years now and I love everything about it and the app! Except for the cap! It doesn’t stay on!!! Unacceptable. I’ve grown to be completely frustrated with your product. And unfortunately it’s enough of a safety and reliability issue that I can no longer proceed with using your product. Furthermore, when I called today for a replacement cap, your representative would t help me. I explained my issue and instead of listening to my concerns he was asking for irrelevant personal information like my weight and my middle name. Obscene. And quite frankly disgusting and offensive! What is going on with your organization?!? I simply want a pen with a secure cap and some respect when calling and speaking with one of your representatives. I’ve received neither one. Shame!
Hmm update? Why would you go backwards?
Can’t put in accurate information and so not user friendly anymore! I’m just wonder if you can say update when it gets harder to use and becomes a more overwhelming home screen. Instead of a clear breakdown of information there is now an ity bity chart with too much going on that doesn’t clearly show the info. I used to be able to get the info in a glance but now I have to pull out a magnifying glass to see where a number may be on a tiny chart. And now the last BG is not clearly displayed at all on the home screen. I have to go hunting for it in your scroll at the bottom. Not to mention I should be able to put the correct dose in for my sons Basaglar, but your app won’t let me. I can’t understand why something so simple should be so hard. To go from user friendly home screen to this and not being able to put in accurate information almost makes it not worth it. The idea of this is brilliant and I was hoping to love it. I’m sad that this app has gotten worse.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Companion Medical Inc.
- 252.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Companion Medical Inc. 2021