Block-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-composed pictures when solved. Challenging, deductive and artistic, these puzzles offer the ultimate mix of logic, art and fun while providing solvers with many hours of mentally stimulating entertainment.
Each puzzle consists of a grid containing clues in various places. The object is to reveal a hidden picture by dividing the whole area of the grid into rectangular blocks according to the rules.
The game features a unique fingertip cursor which enables playing large puzzle grids with ease and precision: to create a block, press and hold fingertip on a clue, wait until cursor fills the square and start dragging to neighboring squares. To delete a block, double-tap or use the eraser button above the puzzle.
For more fun, Conceptis Block-a-Pix includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 46 free Block-a-Pix puzzle samples in color
• 4 extra-large puzzles bonus for iPad only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually created by artists, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Grid sizes up to 50x75 (100x65 for iPad)
• Multiple difficulty levels
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Exclusive fingertip cursor design for solving large puzzles
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle library sorting and hiding options
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Error checking option when a block is completed
• Check puzzle
• Track puzzle solving times
Block-a-Pix have also become popular under other names such as Shikaku, Shikakunikire, Block Pix and Blockbuster Paint doku. Similar to Picross, Nonogram and Griddlers, the puzzles are solved and the pictures revealed using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
This version improves performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Another winner from Conceptis!
I don't know how they keep coming up with such varied but interesting puzzles.
This is another great one, try out the free starter puzzles to see what you think.
Edit: After doing bunches of the free puzzles, I am regularly downloading packs of hard and hard plus puzzles and really enjoying the way these puzzles stretch my thinking.
This is a great puzzle game challenge. It could do with a a couple of tweaks, like the color page could have the check button on it so you don’t have to switch pages or leave the error as you go on.
Warning ! Addictive :)
I like this game better than another one that I used to have. The difference is this one is easier. It’s simple mathematics. They are either a straight line or a block. If it’s odd #, then it’s a straight line. I done have to think as much. Thank You.
- Conceptis Ltd.
- 14.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Conceptis Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Color Variety 1 $2.99
- Color Variety - Large 1 $3.99
- Awesome Places - on Earth 1 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.