Context Camera lets you capture more useful photos by stamping them with flexible information overlays. Context Camera is trusted by professionals in construction, insurance, safety, inspection and emergency response.
- Choose from a selection of built-in information overlays, or create your own.
- Overlays can show information including location, direction, user comments, date/time, and address, with support for a wide variety of formats and units. Custom overlays also let you add logos and watermarks for a professional touch.
- Take photos using the built-in camera which supports zoom, focus and exposure controls. Your chosen information overlay is drawn on the camera preview to show you exactly what your photos will look like.
- Store photos inside the app to keep them separate and annotate them, or automatically export them to your photo library, iCloud or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Flexible photo export options including custom filenames and exporting multiple photos as zip files.
Context Camera Pro Subscription
All features are available in the basic version of Context Camera but exported photos are limited to 1600x1200px (2MP) and a watermark is applied. An auto-renewable annual Pro subscription with no watermarks or resolution limits is available via in-app purchase.
- Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Integration with 3rd party services (eg. cloud storage providers) depends on their terms, conditions and software and cannot be guaranteed for the duration of the subscription period.
- Users who installed Context Camera prior to v4.0.0 should already have Context Camera Pro and do not need to purchase a subscription.
App Store Privacy Information Note
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Added custom overlay support. Go to Settings tab -> Custom Overlays to get started.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Camera App for Construction Documentation
I am a forensic architect and take several hundreds, if not thousands, of photos during a single day.
The ability to add user comments to the file means that I can now tag my photos with info such as Project Name, Bldg#, Room#, Floor Level, etc., as I take photos in the field. I extract this metadata later for organizing. I especially like the auto export feature (iCloud and Photo Library) and the option to toggle the info overlay on/off in the exported file.
The developers have created a solid running app that has features not available in any other camera app I have tried. Great work!
Construction Documentation You Need!!
I have been using the Contex Camera App for over 5 years in the commercial construction industry and have not found another camera that can perform like the Contex... For example- Each picture has the Latitude and Longitude in the format you choose. The feature I use most is the Note feature, you can add two lines of notes describing what you want the viewer to look at- Great for documenting good and bad construction work... Hey, give it a shot, you won’t be disappointed...
Easy to use and understand. One improvement would be the ability to have tags or create comments that are shown on the comments screen so you can just tap the tag or comment and it auto inputs into the comments section instead of having to type it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cascode Labs Pty Ltd
- 17.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Cascode Labs Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Context Camera Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.