The Control4 app turns your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad into the ultimate command center for your Control4 smart home automation system.
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to using this app, you need a Control4 controller and automation system running Control4 OS 2.6 or later (2.10 recommended) at your home or business. If you are unsure of the software version on your system, please check with your Control4 dealer or login to your Control4 account at https://customer.control4.com for more information.
On your iPhone and iPad, use the Control4 app and enjoy the convenience of controlling and viewing the status of your entire smart home, including audio, video, lights, thermostats, security system and cameras, door locks, sensors, pools, and much more.
Quickly browse your own music collection or find a favorite track on streaming music services like Rhapsody--and listen in one room or across every room in your home. Adjust your lights with interactive dimmers or use a lighting scene as a single button press to control lights across multiple rooms. Fire up the heater on your pool or spa. Open garage doors or an electric gate, or use the app to unlock a deadbolt on a door.
Connect to your system at home over your own Wi-Fi network. You can also use the app to access and manage your home from virtually anywhere in the world using 3G/4G or remote Wi-Fi networks when the app is enabled with a Control4 4Sight subscription.
Highlighted Features on iPhone and iPad:
• Audio playback and distribution
• Video control and distribution
• Lighting control and scene editing (scene editing is only available on the iPad)
• Heating and air conditioning control
• Security system management and camera viewing
• Feedback from sensors and control through relays
• Cover art for movies and music
• Playlist management
• Anywhere Access (4Sight subscription required, contact your dealer)
Use your Apple Watch to quickly control the most often used features of your Control4 system, including:
• Custom action buttons
• Audio and video control
• Lighting (including scenes)
• Door locks and garage doors. NOTE: Apple Watch support requires watchOS 2 or later and a Control4 controller and automation system running Control4 OS 2.8.1 or later at your home or business.
Fixed an issue that prevented the use of the Wakeup feature
Added lighting scenes and media experience back to WatchOS
Improved WatchOS Speed and Stability
Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Find the right installer!
Had to learn the hard way. I originally had my system installed by our builders sub company “data smart” and they assured me that they were top notch and would do a great job. Turns out they just make a big show and promise allot of things but they never delivered. As soon as they got my money it was all over with. Nothing worked right with constant issues. I finally did what I should have done the first time and did some research and found a highly customer related company that is a smaller company. Customer service is amazing and my system runs perfect! Be aware.. Don't just go with who your builder tells you to use. They make it seem like you have to but you dont!!!!
Great Control System
Disclaimer: I am a dealer/installer
I have this system in my own home. For installation, be sure to use a reputable installer who can show you either a showroom, or a working site with custom functions that shows competency.
The app itself is ok and does the job with an older interface. The system itself is versatile and great. For the best results, upgrade necessary equipment and update to the new OS3.0 for an up to date look and functionality.
This app has many problems:
1) It is very slow. Every time I open the app it has to connect to my system. This takes several seconds. Not a big deal, but it constantly has to re-connect to my app while I’m using it. That makes for a frustrating user experience. 2) It crashes all the time. I’m on the latest version of the app on on an iPhone XS so it is not my phone. 3) Basic tasks such as starting your music from Airplay require tons of actions. It should not be this complicated. 4) The camera portion is awful so I have to use a separate app, which defeats the purpose of having everything run through Control4. 5) i do not get alerts when basic things happen, such as the doorbell ringing or the alarm going off. This all makes me wish I did not have s Control4 system. I think separate systems from Ring, Nest, etc are far superior and much cheaper.
Developer Response ,
It has been awhile sine you left this review, but if you are still experiencing an issue please reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to get as much information as possible so that we can resolve your issue and earn that 5 star review. I'd also like to let you know we just released OS 3 with a complete refresh to the user interface and several performance improvements. Please contact your dealer to inquire about upgrading! Learn more about Control4 Smart Home OS 3 at https://www.control4.com/os3/.
- 241.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 Control4 Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.