Work more effectively toward your speech therapy goals. Help people who have had a stroke, live with autism, or have a speech or language impairment get talking with an app that sparks conversation. The best way to improve talking is by talking!
- Get a tool that helps adults, teens, and children put therapy strategies into practice
- Improve language, social skills, speech, and thinking while using this powerful speech therapy app
- Carryover the lessons from speech therapy at home with an app that’s easy for everyone to use
- Focus on what matters – stop racking your brain for fresh topics and let the app guide you
- Take things in any direction with thousands of possible conversation starters
- Create the right experience for each person with customizable settings
- Talk one-on-one, host groups of up to 4 at a time, and track improvement with ease
** SEE HOW IT CAN HELP – download the Lite version for FREE! **
Coming up with fresh, attention-grabbing conversation starters every day is surprisingly hard, even for speech therapy professionals. Think of this app as your talk facilitator, taking the pressure and planning out of starting and maintaining dialogue while you monitor how your clients use their speech strategies.
"This is the app that is going to pave the way for converting speech therapists to the digital age."
- Ryan Knoblauch, SLP, The Speech Knob
GETTING STARTED IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3
Target higher-level expressive language, pragmatic, problem-solving, speech, and cognitive-communication goals with open-ended conversation starters. Here’s how it works.
1) CHOOSE YOUR CATEGORIES. Tailor your experience with specific topics like Food or Health, or select all topics for free-flowing discussion that could go anywhere! You can always change the settings to see only age-appropriate categories for children, teens, or adults.
2) START THE CONVERSATION. Look at the picture, then touch any of the 10 buttons to see a question. The questions on the left are simpler (like “What is…?”) while the ones on the right are more complex (“How do you know…?”). Hear the question aloud, record your own audio, and score answers as you go.
3) USE YOUR STRATEGIES. While taking turns discussing the answers to the questions, use your word-finding strategies, smooth speech techniques, or other personalized therapy approaches to communicate more clearly.
ALL DONE? E-mail an automatically generated summary of your results, along with any audio, or share the results to a PDF, file storage, printer, or copy/paste.
GET EVERY FEATURE YOU NEED IN ONE EASY APP
- 275+ vivid photos, with 10 questions per photo, for over 2,750 possible questions
- 10 languages: English, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Zulu
- 11 categories full of real-world topics including daily life, hobbies, current events, social issues, health concerns, and much more
- Record audio at any time with just a tap
- Perfect for treating language, cognitive-communication, pragmatic, and speech disorders
- Great as stimulus material to work on fluency, articulation, eye contact, and word-finding strategies in spontaneous speech
- No subscriptions, no monthly bills, no Wi-Fi needed
BETTER DISCUSSIONS MEAN BETTER PRACTICE. Inspire curiosity and creativity while motivating people to keep improving – DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Looking for something different in a speech therapy app? We offer a wide range to choose from. Find the right one for you at tactustherapy.com/find
- 20+ photo updates
- minor fixes to improve your experience using the app
Ratings and Reviews
Versatile & Engaging App
Looking for an app that can be used with any client to target any goal? Purchase Conversation Therapy! The topics are engaging, the pictures are diverse, and the conversation comes easy. This app is a staple for me and my clients ask to use it all the time!
Great app for lots of speech goals
I love conversation therapy and the way it's designed really let's you utilize it to accomplish many goals. I've used it obviously as conversation starters but the variety of prompts provided really give you many options. Also the pictures and prompts in general are targeted to adults and helps preserve dignity in the therapy process by not forcing them to use things that are too child like. I'm a grad student in speech pathology and as I continue in my career I hope to be able to purchase more of these apps. I just wish they were less expensive!
Targets variety of language skills using practical and interesting topics
I find myself using this app more and more. My patients and I find the topics and photos very engaging, and the questions provide opportunities to work on a variety of language skills ranging from single word responses to conversational exchanges. It provides a very nice extension to the Tactus Naming app as patients move from single words to more complex constructions. Recently, I've used it to generate topics for patients working on sentence-level writing skills, and it worked really well for that, too.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 94.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Zulu
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2013 - 2022 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.