Imprivata Cortext® is the secure communication platform for healthcare that enables hospitals to replace pagers for improved care coordination, patient safety and patient satisfaction.
Imprivata Cortext enables healthcare organizations to:
- Replace pagers and improve care coordination
- Optimize clinical communication workflows
- Improve patient safety and satisfaction scores
- Secure patient information with a HIPAA-verified solution
Key Clinical Features:
- Secure text, photo & group messaging
- Multi-site communication
- Multi-device with real-time message sync
- Delivery and read receipts
- User-set customizable Availability Status
- Speech-to-text support for dictation
- Quick responses and callback requests
- Out-of-Network messaging to affiliated providers
- Clinical system integration
- Distinguish urgent notifications from non-urgent notifications through new audio and visual treatments.
Key Administrative & Security Features:
- Active Directory authentication
- Single Sign-On integration
- Verified for HIPAA compliance by 3rd party
- 256-bit Encryption in transit and rest
- Remote Wipe & App PIN enforcement
•Reliability and Usability
•Improve the synchronization of Do Not Disturb and Availability status between Imprivata Cortext Desktop Client and Imprivata Cortext iOS Mobile applications
•Changes to address redundant notifications for some messages sent through the Imprivata Cortext API from other paging systems
Ratings and Reviews
What I’ve noticed about this app is that when attempting to connect it always says I’m off network .I have used my hospitals IT resources to try and correct the problem, but at this point they suggest just removing and re-downloading it is really frustrating when you’re trying to work in healthcare and you’re unable to communicate. Luckily , it functions well on the hospital computers which is what I primarily use but if needing to be contacted outside the hospital they are unable to because of these issues with the application. It would be nice if someone can please try to fix this up to make it easier for healthcare workers to use.
Horrible application - very unreliable
I work in a medical clinic and am basically on call for the entire workday. The clinic decided to use Cortext for confidential “texting” between providers and support staff to exchange information or notify me when patients need to be seen. While it works as it should a lot of the time, it has enough problems to be a real liability.
1. Delayed notifications: have a had several incidents of not getting notifications for several minutes, hours, or even days.
2. Malfunctioning alert system: lately when I do get a notification, the alarm will not shut off for several minutes, even after I have read, responded to, and deleted the initial message. I have changed the settings in the app to remove repeated alerts and this has not fixed the problem.
3. Availability notification problems: When I change my availability from “available” to “do not disturb”, the change doesn’t remain and people still think I’m available and send messages when I may not be in a position to reply.
Bottom line: if you have another option for a program or app of this type, use it!
Good idea, bad execution
As a physician, I appreciate the desire to have a HIPAA-compliant messaging app. Unfortunately, Cortext is lacking in quality considering it is actively used by major institutions.
1. On iPhone X the home bar overlaps the text input box. This should be an easy fix. I’m surprised they haven’t resolved this bug.
2. I’m not sure what they used to program the app, but it doesn’t feel like a native iOS app. It feels like a poor quality web app shoved into a mobile app container.
3. There is no way to report bugs in the app itself, which led me to write this review instead of doing it privately.
4. “Override silent mode” for urgent notifications doesn’t seem to do anything. The notifications are still silent. Is this even possible on iOS?
Now that I’m forced to use this app, I hope it improves rapidly. There’s a reason so many people just use iMessage/text message instead. It’s not much less secure than Cortext, and actually works and looks nicer. Unfortunately, iMessage isn’t HIPAA-compliant, but I wish it was.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Imprivata Inc.
- 151.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Imprivata, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.