Cost Split helps you share costs within a group of people where each person can add expenses from their own devices thanks to the cloud sync.
5.0 average rating in US, UK and Sweden
Top 10 in the Finance category in Sweden, India, Denmark, Poland, Slovenia, Finland, Norway, Turkey, Chile, Argentina, Czech Republic, Philippines, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Venezuela, Iceland, Latvia and Norway.
It is perfect on vacations, road trips, a night on the town or in a household where you share the costs. Just define a group of people, add expenses as you go and when you are ready to settle the debts, you can e-mail a report with a list of all expenses and who should pay what to whom.
You can choose to store the data online, so all your friends can view and add costs themselves. Thanks to the currency and offline support, it works perfect when you are on a trip abroad with limited internet access.
If you want to see it in action, look at the movie on the homepage.
- NO NEED FOR REGISTRATION
- Fast and easy to use
- Online and offline support
- Attach photos to expenses and sync them as well
- iCloud support - Online data is shared between your devices and as backup
- Push Notifications when someone updates your groups
- Split expenses unevenly (either by amount or coefficient)
- Transfer support (money transactions like loans and paybacks)
- Payback calculations (who should pay what to whom?)
- Intelligent payback algorithm - minimize number of transactions by entering an amount you don't care about
- E-mail reports (list of expenses, person summary, payback plan and currency information)
- Multiple currencies - download currency rates, intelligent localized currency support
* Optimized for the new iPhone XS, XR och XS Max
* Fixed: Currency rate updater now works again (for supported currencies)
* Fixed: Now the app will give the exact same payback suggestions on all devices
Ratings and Reviews
I travel A LOT. Everything from road trips to trans-Pacific vacations. Often the trips are with groups of friends and this app has been a godsend. We used to try to figure it all out with a spreadsheet and it was a nightmare. One always thinks it is going to be easy to keep track, and a few hours into the trip it is already getting complicated...again. This app simplifies cost splitting so much!!
I can't recommend it highly enough.
My one recommendation would be to allow for more than one person to pay an expense, and maybe even in different amounts. For example 3 people go to lunch, only 2 of them pay (they invite the other for her birthday) and one pays a bit more than the other. However, even without this feature, this app is really amazing. The app does allow a higher "weight" for a person, but only for the whole trip, not for single entries.
Sharing the expenses with other people is super easy and works extremely well.
Thanks for making this app!! It is excellent and such a time saver! (I think the app might even help avoid friction between friends sometimes!)
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear that you enjoy the app and thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review!
Lately a couple of users have requested that feature so we'll definitely look into it.
But you can choose to weigh one person more on single entries as well. Either by giving them a direct and higher amount or making someone pay double.
Makes life easier
This app was a godsend on a recent trip abroad with 3 friends. I have noted a few quirks, though. First, although the final report is easy to email, it is impossible to print out so folks could more easily review it to make sure all expenses were included accurately. Please revise so printing can occur without cutting off most of the report. When emailing the report, it did not appear as an attachment, so maybe that's the problem? Second, when you want to include a message to recipients with the report, word replacement function did not work. (Ex: "the repot seys i have..." is replaced with "the rreport ssays iI have..."). Third, I wish the app would let the user designate the exchange rate; the rate that appeared for us was not what we were charged when we got our credit card statements. It may have been current on the day the report was generated, but not when the expenses were incurred. But I still love this app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your thorough review!
1) Did you try to print the attached pdf-file?
2) The autocorrect is within your email and not the app unfortunately. The app just starts a pre-written mail and then your standard emailclient takes it from there.
3) It’s possible to designate the rate manually. Just type it in the box when you add a new currency, instead of downloading it.
Hope this was helpful and let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions!
Gives my brain a big break!
I absolutely love this app. Have been using it for several years. I use it for vacations, team sports, joint birthday gifts, party planning with a group- it’s amazing! I love that it can be weighted per party— the only thing it doesn’t do is let me break down the costs of they’re different. For instance, I bought ski tickets for a party of 15. Some were adult and some were children prices. I couldn’t enter it as one transaction. I had to break it down by line item.. kids and adults. But that’s no big deal. It would be great if there was some sort of notes section too. But this is an amazing app! Great job!
The developer, Jacob Ivstam, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jacob Ivstam
- 32.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Jacob Ivstam
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock $0.99
- Premium $0.99