Watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies on any device at home or on the go.
• Inside your home, watch live TV and On Demand content from all channels you are subscribed to.
• Outside the home, watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies by using the filter “Available out of home.”
• Customize the TV guide by filtering popular categories like Kids, Sports, and Movies.
• Watch rented and purchased movies in the ‘Purchased’ sub-folder inside the ‘Saved’ folder.
• Use ‘Parental Control’ in Settings to manage what your children can watch on mobile devices.
• Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection
• Subscription to Cox Video service
• Cox username and password.
- Updated menu structure
- General performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Still subpar to Directv
This app has definitely improved from a year ago but I am still left disappointed that you can’t access your recorded shows. This is the main reason that I cannot wait to switch back to Directv because their app allows you to not only watch shows from the app but be able to search for your favorite shows and record them from the app itself. It also allows you to download all your recordings onto the app to watch when you’re not connected to WiFi. In regards to this, the Cox app just does not compare and as someone that is always on the go, the mobile app is a deal breaker for me. If Directv is capable to have all those features, there’s no reason Cox can’t make the effort to do the same.
Developer Response ,
We are planning to provide this feature in the near future!
For now, you can set DVR recordings from a separate app, the Cox Connect app (formerly known as "Cox Mobile Connect"). Cox Connect can also be used to do other things too like check your account balance, pay your bill, manage your home phone, listen to voicemail, and find both Cox Stores and our public Cable WiFi hotspots.
Wants a “University” Sign in! Will not work
I have used this app for the past several years with no issue. Over a month ago, it all the sudden asked me to sign in using a “university” login… I have contacted COX Tech Support, and after someone “worked” with me via an online chat for over 3 hours, they gave up and said they had no idea what was wrong on how to fix it. She was going to start a trouble ticket and get back with me…that was over a month ago!!! Still nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and it still asks for the same thing. I have been on the COX forums and have seen others with the same issue…but no resolution or acknowledgement by Cox of a problem. They have no problem collecting my money every month…but seem slow to assist when they’re service doesn’t work. I see a lot of folks leaving Cox when Verizon FIOS becomes available in my neighborhood. Competition is a good thing, something Cox hasn’t experienced in this area before.
Developer Response ,
Hi, University login appears right below the login for other customers. Do you mind clearing browser cache and attempting again. Suspecting there's something cached in the browser that is redirecting you to university login. Also, is there any university nearby? Sorry for the inconvenience, but we will get this fixed for you. Thank you.
Not so much a review
With all the problems, not only with Contour, but overall I can only say when the ‘exclusive’ nature COX has on the consumer is replaced or gone COXis going to see a large number of people migrating away from the company.
We came from another state and had XFINITY and other service providers and COX even though electronically and programming wise being ver similar leaves COX lagging behind overall in many ways.
We for one are planning a change as soon as our contract is up.
COX’s attitude, knowing they have a hold on you, and not budging a bit on programming and forcing features not needed but by us not wanted and other conditions just leaves us very frustrated. Company policy can be changed to give good customer service and keep their customers. The quality of this so called service doesn’t come close to their cousin XFINITY or many of the other providers we have subscribed to before moving to Arizona.
Looking into the exclusive nature and how they maintain that exclusiveness is my next research project..
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- 103.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Cox Communications, Inc.