Cold Shower Therapy (CST) is the original cold shower therapy challenge. If you want to start a new habit, get unstuck or just do something that's hard - take 30 days of cold showers and see what happens.
The #1 thing you will find is that Cold Shower Therapy helps you get over your excuses.
You'll find that the same excuses you meet in the shower, you find in life and when you learn to get over them in the shower, you learn they're also beatable in life.
Get over your excuses. Take the cold shower therapy challenge today.
From the original cold shower therapy post - http://impossiblehq.com/cold-shower-therapy
More cold shower resources
Special thanks to Nick Reese.
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Generally pretty good
I like app. I find the ability to keep statistics and measure oneself against what others are doing to be quite helpful. When you have a record of what you've done it is easy to keep going. And the timer, too, is quite helpful.
Two things could be improved:
1. The whistle at the beginning of the challenge is obnoxious and too long. And generally whistles are used to stop play rather than start it. How about a starting buzzer or gunshot sound like at a track meet or horse race?
2. There is no way to edit your actual starting date. I started the day before I discovered the app. Would be nice to keep an accurate tally instead of the app plus one.
Otherwise it is a good and helpful app. One that I continue to use every day.
Wanted to like this, but it is impossible
2 major killers for this app, and one minor one. I wanted to love this app, as the Impossible blog is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I can't do a streak easily because one of the big issues for us is minimizing water consumption. I take showers every other day, and cold each time, but I end up having a streak of 1 so most of the time I don't bother turning on the app. Then, twice, it has reset my streak to 1. The latest, I should have had 6. I took a shower at 7am on day 5, and day 6 was a hectic morning. But, since I had the streak going, I took one at about 9pm before bed, so that it would keep going. And it showed 1. The calendar: 6. I deleted the app, and only put it back on the phone to write review. Not worth the effort for what could be a fun app. I can use the timer on my phone for this. Make it so you can note the off days and fix the resetting issue that others have noted and I will be back. Also, if I don't have an iTunes library, why ask me if I want music each time?
Developer Response ,
1) If you take a shower every / other day, the streak will break. That's how the app is designed and I appreciate your limits on the showers, but that specific issue won't change. Note - you can still keep track of total showers, which is a cool measuring stick as well - even if you can't do the streak.
2) This was most likely a lag issue, if you (or anyone reading this) has this issue, dis-connect & re-connect to the internet and it should fix (if not, shoot us an email and we can de-bug it).
3) The music thing - I'll see if we can't add a detection feature for this. This makes sense.
Hope you get back into it :)
Good Basic Straightforward
The improvements I would recommend would be to be able to shut off the music offer each time, be able to record total number of showers as well as streak of continual days, adjust the prep time beyond 5 seconds, increase volume alarm as a shower is loud and the device is outside the stall.
Cold showers are transformational, so the app is very much worth it. It just has a little ways to go to be perfect.
- Impossible X LLC
- 21.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Impossible X LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 3-Months Optional Patronage $2.99
- 6-Months Optional Patronage $5.99
- 12-Months Optional Patronage $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.