*** A highly realistic sailing simulator for the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. ***
*** A MUST HAVE for sailing fans. ***
*** The best sailing game. ***
Have fun sailing fantastic boats in 3D in-shore regattas, right from the comfort of your phone and without even getting wet.
In this game, you will use the wind to move your boat fast and win regattas against other boats. You will be the skipper, the helm-man and will also trim the sails.
The main features of this realistic sailing game are:
- Online sailing: sail against real people!
- Or play in 'solo' mode: you'll compete against the computer, with different difficulty levels.
- A perfect way to refine your sailing techniques and tactics, or to learn how to sail in life-like situations.
- For beginners, cWind can coach you from marker to marker, by means of steering helps and progressive tutorials.
- A very complete instruments panel will give you all the data you'll need to brew a winning tactic and arrive first on the finishing line. But if you find that's too much, you can switch back to the 'basics'.
- Several boat types, from a 19th century cutter to the latest Imoca 60 footer. And now a new beach catamaran. The boats have their own characteristics and need to be sailed accordingly.
- Several regatta courses, some easy to start with, others very difficult to complete. Some of the regattas are even more challenging than what you'll ever encounter on real water! So make sure you choose the right boat for those... and keep her well trimmed at all times!
- The game implements the ISAF 2013-2016 racing rules of sailing. Respect them or you'll be penalised, like in real regattas!
- An on-screen radar will show you a tactical view of the course and will guide you from marker to marker.
- Two game modes: pure regattas, or regattas "with a twist", where you will hunt for "magic things" on the course to capsize the other boats, steal their wind, give you a turbo boost, and more...
You will have to use the wind and tidal currents to your advantage. You will steer the boat by tilting your phone, and you will trim your sails yourself for maximum speed.
Fair Winds and Following Seas!
Fixed a nasty bug making the app crash on some devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Has some real problems, hope they fix them.
If you are racing friends in beginner mode it works good, but if you are in solo mode in the two advanced levels forget it, you will just get mad.
The bad: Going downwind, the wind direction changes wildly every time you trim in, so that you can not get any speed. Unfortunately, your the only one this happens to and not the whole fleet. When rounding marks expect anyone on a port tack to hit you, they do not try to avoid you as in a real race, and when that happens you will loose. When you get hit by the AI sailboats they can do a 720 before you go 20 feet. If you do the fouling by the time you finish your 720 the entire fleet is almost to the next mark. This is where the model falls apart. It's not the same for both you and the AI's, if it was it would be a really great program.
The good: The for new racers is seeing who has right of way, 2 changes that would make it much better would be to post that info at the top or bottom of the screen in green or red text so that you would know instantly what action to take, and being able to review each encounter after the race. The start process, is what you would expect in a real race.
I hope the developer will be able to fix the issues above and the short comings how you see right of way, as this app has the opportunity to be something really great. I could see us at the yacht club racing on our iPads in the off season with this app.
Biggest waste of $6 ever
This game is awful I do not recommend getting it. Try out Top Sailor instead
Needs (to rotate 180) needs shading, lighting improved graphics.
GREAT sim, graphics could be better (smoother edges, water improved) etc. But main annoyance is the screen won't rotate. My ipads are always in a case with keyboard. This means that they are always oriented with the home button on the right. (it's the only way they fit in the case). so unless I remove it from case and keyboard I can't play the sim. Not practical to hold the ipad, case and keyboard upside down to play. Also check out the water graphics in "top sailor". Your sim now works well, but time to improve the 80's level graphics. Needs shading, lighting and transparency.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.