Hi! My name is Parker. I'm not a company. I'm just a guy in recovery who made Nomo as a tool to keep me on track and motivated. It's a passion project of mine and I hope it helps you as much as it has been helping me!
If you're looking for a simple clock that can track the number of days you've been sober/clean/etc, then Nomo is perfect for you. You can create as many clocks as you need for any hurts, habits, or hang ups. Your clocks are completely private by default and will count those days for you.
If you're looking for something more, just check under the hood. Nomo has tons of optional features like an encouragement wall from the community, accountability partner searching, clock sharing, private messaging with partners, milestone awards, journaling, little games/exercises to help you refocus when you're tempted, and tons more!
What makes Nomo so great?
• Create as many sobriety clocks as you need
• Find accountability parters!
• Share selected clocks with accountability partners
• Send a notification to partners when you're feeling tempted
• Send/Receive notifications when a clock has been reset
• Get a detailed breakdown of your progress down to the minute
• See how much money you've saved by not supporting your habit
• Earn chips when you reach certain milestones in your recovery
• Share your success on Facebook and Twitter
• Submit and read encouragements from the community
• View all of your chips at once to keep you encouraged
• Tap the “check in” button on your shared clocks to show accountability partners that you’re active in your sobriety
• Mini-distraction exercises to help you refocus when you’re feeling tempted
• Prevent someone from accessing your Nomo app with a secure PIN and/or Face/Touch ID.
Nomo is perfect for anyone recovering from alcoholism, sexual or pornography addiction, self-harm, codependency, smoking, tobacco, drug or chemical dependency, anger, depression, or any other kind of hurt, habit, or hangup. I hope it’s a valuable tool for you in your recovery.
- Brought back the original layout for clocks. It's now called, "Classic Mode". You can change it in your clock settings.
- Fixed an issue where some clocks didn't update automatically.
- Fixed some timezone issues.
- Fixed the error where partner clocks don't load.
- Fixed the error that appeared on some phones where they couldn't get beyond the startup screen.
- Fixed FaceID/TouchID and passcode issues.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Helpful even if you're not an alcoholic
I got this because I've been in a relationship with an active alcoholic who has been talking about starting recovery. Whatever he may choose, this app has turned out to be surprisingly helpful as I've started my own recovery from the affects of living around alcoholism! The clocks alone have been a great tool and a wonderful way to mark those emotional turning points when you know there's no going back to the way things used to be anymore. And the refocusing tools are a quick and easy way to get me to a clear, meditative state of mind. It fills the gaps around my meetings and daily readings, and I just shared my feelings of fear, shame, joy and appreciation and healing with the community through the encouragements section and feel a weight off my shoulders. I don't know if I'm ever going to bother with connecting with any accountability partners on there, but it still helps me feel that I'm not alone. Thanks!
This app has been useful for tracking the number of days of sobriety with the clock feature. I also like that you can create clocks for anything, so I also have clocks for food addictions. The encouragement function is a great way to feel as if you're not in this alone, and the distraction feature has simple games to help you through a moment of weakness.
What I've found to be lacking is the Accountability Partner function. I've done partner requests based on the app's suggestions and haven't gotten an approval from a potential partner. Perhaps the people that I sent a request to aren't active anymore, or maybe that function is not working.
I emailed the developer about the partner function, as well as a suggestion for the app, and he did not respond. Apparently at one time he was very responsive to messages. Combine this with the fact that the app hasn't been updated since January 2017 and it makes one suspect that something has happened to him or he has abandoned the app. Nevertheless, I still find it a useful tool and I check my clocks daily as a reminder of the positive direction I am taking with my life.
Developer Response ,
Hi! I haven't abandoned the app. In fact, I still reply to emails within 5-10 minutes. I checked my records and there was only one email within the past 10 days that addressed your issue. I'm assuming it was yours. The email address that you entered must have had a typo because it got kicked back when I replied to it. There was no way for me to respond to you.
I'm working on an update to address the accountability partner issue. Many people are sharing their profiles, but are turning off notifications and not checking for responses. It will be fixed in the update. Remember, I'm not a company. This is a passion project, so it's something I work on ever free chance I get. Updates take a little longer without a full time team :)
I am glad that you like the rest of the app! Sorry for not being able to get back to you on email. I just wanted to make sure you knew that I didn't abandon the app :D
I stumbled upon this because I was looking for is a sobriety counter different than the one I already have. This one is definitely unique! I love the focus games and exercises, the journal is super handy! And, the encouragement and support seems pretty solid. I've only had it for about a week, but I'm getting a lot of use out of it already and pretty consistently. I've already recommended it to a few people. It is also awesome that you can use this app for Myriad addictions and even anxiety, I believe! It truly is a grounding app. It's pretty user-friendly, the only downside is sometimes it's hard to navigate or toggle between each of the sections because there's no back or previous button… However, I know it's always being upgraded and I'm still getting used to it; overall, it's not a glitch or really even a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The point is this app could really work in providing solid support from anyone in recovery, curious about recovery, or dealing with A close companion in recovery… All of the touch of a button! Thank you for this rockin app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Anthony Stech
- 47.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2008 SayNomo.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.