From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes a genre-defying experience, now expanded in this definitive DIRECTOR’S CUT.
In the future, a mysterious event known as the Death Stranding has opened a doorway between the living and the dead, leading to grotesque creatures from the afterlife roaming the fallen world marred by a desolate society.
As Sam Bridges, your mission is to deliver hope to humanity by connecting the last survivors of a decimated America.
Can you reunite the shattered world, one step at a time?
DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT on iOS includes a HIGH FRAME RATE, PHOTO MODE, and cross-over content from Valve Corporation's HALF-LIFE series and CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077. Stay connected with players around the globe with the Social Strand System™.
Mac and iOS
• Sign-in to iCloud and activation of iCloudDrive are required to play this product.
• This product can be played offline, but a network connection is required to fully experience the Social Strand System™. Communication fees will be incurred during online play.
Only for iOS version
• When playing this product for the first time, you will be required to download additional data. You can start the game once you have downloaded approximately 13 GB, but additional downloads will occur as the game progresses, requiring a total of approximately 50 GB of downloads. Additional downloads will occur when additional language voice data is used.
Various minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Deliver packages to rebuild a ravaged society—and unravel supernatural mysteries—in this wild post-apocalyptic adventure crafted by legendary game maker Hideo Kojima.
Such a beautiful, but slow-paced game
This game is unlike any other game I've ever played. For perspective, I enjoy the loneliness of games like Fallout. I even enjoy the slower pace of those games, but this takes slower pace to a new level. Most of that is due to the long cut scenes, which you can skip, but I feel like you're missing out on the artistry of the game if you do that. At one point I'd been sitting still for so long that my wife said, "Are you watching a movie? I thought you were playing a game." The gameplay itself is great! I'm playing with a controller on my iPad and Mac. The graphic details are amazing, and the sound effects and music are spot-on. This I've had some crashing issues on my 11" M1 iPad Pro. My M1 Mac Mini does fine. I've tried propping up my iPad so it has good airflow around the back with no case, and that seems to be better. When the iPad is in the Magic Keyboard, it seems to crash more frequently. More T&E needed to solve that unless they release an update that addresses that.
I don't know if I should thank Tim Cook or thank Hideo Kojima.
Death Stranding is so much fun! Just before I finish the game (the power went out outside, otherwise I would have finished it already), I want to praise this game and my MacBook Pro (2021, 16-inch). This is the first time in two and a half years since I bought it that I have felt that this is a device that can get hot, has a fan, and uses a battery (it offers the same experience as the daily use Intel MacBook Pro without gaming, haha.). The gaming experience it brings is perfect: the mini-LED backlight allows for a large amount of sky and light sources to be presented in HDR in the game; although it is only equipped with the M1 Pro 16GB of unified memory, its graphics processing power can maintain almost 120Hz stably ((it seems to me is.) , at 2560*1440 with "very high" quality), w/ or w/o power connected. This also means that I can play a 3A wherever and whenever I want (on the other hand, game saves can also be continued on iPhone, which is really great). Next, I will continue playing Death Stranding without plugging in, hoping to completely drain my battery until it's below 80% health (currently at 87%) before the AC three-year warranty expires. This MBP has been the most powerful and favorite among all the Macs and PCs I have used so far. I don't know if I should thank Tim Cook or thank Hideo Kojima, but playing Death Stranding on my MBP has been the first happy event of my 2024.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 505 Games (US), Inc.
- 77 GB
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later and a device with the A17 Pro chip or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later and a device with the M1 chip or later.
- Requires macOS 13.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Game Controller
- Recommended The developer, 505 Games (US), Inc., designed this game to be played with a controller for the best experience.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2024 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. / KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS Co., Ltd. / HIDEO KOJIMA. Published by 505 Games.
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.