Deployed Medicine is an innovative learning service developed to supplement the medical education and training of U.S. military personnel, although some of the medical content could be broadly applied for use by civilian medical providers. The information contained in this app is designed to serve as a supplementary resource to reinforce prior training, and to help you deliver high quality trauma care in deployed settings.
The medical content currently focuses on tactical combat casualty care (TCCC) training for combat medical personnel, and includes topics, such as hemorrhage control, airway management, hypothermia, pain control and care of wounds and splinting etc. TCCC focuses of providing the information you need to know to assess, treat and stabilize a patient at the point of injury.
Additional content will be added over time to cover a broad range of military trauma training resources ranging from the most basic training, suitable for non-medical military personnel, and more advanced material for doctors, nurses and physicians assistants.
• Pocket Guides offer short and compact learning modules.
• Videos from peers teach you “how-to” perform a skill in under 3 minutes, and other information.
• Podcasts provide key updates from experts.
• Reference Repository contains important reference materials or the “why” behind the techniques and information being taught.
• The app is designed to work online and offline to accommodate use in the field and while traveling abroad.
• In app alerts will keep you up-to-date and connected to the latest information.
The Deployed Medicine app was created by a multidisciplinary team of medical, learning and software engineers in close collaboration with U.S. military experts. All medical content contained in this app was reviewed and approved by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care, which is composed of trauma experts from across the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.
The Deployed Medicine app is a research and development effort sponsored by the Defense Health Agency in Falls Church, Virginia.
We continue to enhance the course taking experience, with the following new features in this release:
- Support for self directed courses in addition to instructor led courses. With self directed courses, completion occurs automatically based on passing the final assessment rather than an instructor determining completion status.
- Support for tracking media progress based on time spent in addition to duration. This is now selectable by the course author in the creator web tool.
- Several fixes and improvements to the course taking experience and other parts of the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Content not available offline
I let the TCCC guys know on Facebook that I’m having a problem with the app Deployed medicine. There is content that I already downloaded and when I try to open it it gives me a messages that says “no chapters were found ‘intro to TCCC’, which likely indicates a publishing error. Please contact the publisher to have the content updated”
Please help. This is a great resource for my me as a PA and for my medics. Thank you
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback and helping us to improve the service. We've pushed updates that should resolve this issue going forward. You will however need to remove and re-download any current content in your library that is giving you this error. Sorry about that! If you have any other problems please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCCC Instructor (DOD)
I now tell all of my students to get this app because it’s the single best source of TCCC information. For an educational tool, I think it’s unparalleled. All of my students are headed down range and their feedback has been positive as well.
I would LOVE to see the integration of a 9-Line MEDEVAC request, MIST report, and maybe an electronic version of the DD Form 1380 Casualty Care Card.
Love it, but..
Had a fantastic experience with this app, however, since I logged into my profile it crashes within the first 5 minutes of use.
Otherwise - fantastic.
- Allogy Interactive LLC
- 59.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Allogy Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.