*** Note: DerVoco is an Audio Unit effect extension and requires an AUv3 compatible host app, like AUM, BM3, Cubasis or GarageBand. It does not run as a standalone app ***
Make your synths or drums speak and sing!
DerVoco is a vintage vocoder emulation. DerVoco uses analog modelled components including filters, envelope followers and companders to create a warm vintage sound instead of digital techniques like FFT.
• AUv3 Audio Effect and Audio Music Effect, works in all AUv3 compatible hosts.
• Internal polyphonic VCO may be used as a carrier and can be controlled via MIDI, when plugin is loaded as AU MFx.
• A special "input mode” where the carrier and modulator signals are encoded as the left and right channels of a stereo input signal. In this mode any synth plugin (e.g. BeepStreet Zeeon) may be used as a carrier signal.
• 11 or 15 bands with on-screen equalizer.
• Controllable filter resonance continuously blends from smooth to sharp and ringing sound signature.
• Built in compressor and noise gate
• Optimised to the limits: 60 filters take 4% CPU on latest iPads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes on mixdown
Updated review. I discovered that you can get this to mix down. This app will has two AUv3 plug-ins. Choose the one called DerVoco AU MFx and it will work. Still only giving this 3 stars because that was unclear.
This app does exactly what I needed to do however, you cannot export your final mix if this plug-in is enabled. I wish I would’ve listen to the numerous reviews that state this. This app needs to come off of the App Store. It’s broken and it does not work! I’m wondering how many more people this developer is going to let buy this without fixing it. Fix the app and I’ll change the review.
Crashes When Exporting
I love using this plugin, it’s a lot of fun! However, when attempting to export a song from Garageband that uses this plugin, it fails and does not reload. This makes the project useless if it cannot be exported. Please help!!
Another rip-off from a horrible app developer
As other reviews have stated, this app is pretty much worthless because it fails 100% of the time when trying to export songs from GarageBand.
But at least it’s only a couple of bucks down the drain.
By all means, do not buy the Zeeon synth from BeepStreet. It does not show up at all as an Inter-App Audio instrument in GarageBand. It is even falsely-advertised as working in AUV3 mode. It doesn’t. I’m much more upset about the 10 bucks I lost downloading that sham clunker.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.