Devices is the Apple HomeKit app that lets you manage and control smart home devices quickly and intuitively. Each device is represented by a specific icon. There is no complicated menu structure – all devices are shown in an overview and can be sorted by room or device type. In addition, the app boasts smart features such as device groups, scenes and triggers.
• Clarity – All devices at a glance
• Usability – Intuitive control via icons
• Independence – Cross-vendor support for all HomeKit devices
• Groups – Operate multiple devices of the same category simultaneously
• Scenes – Combine various devices into a scene to trigger them
• Time Trigger – Execute scenes at specific times
• Room Locator Trigger – Execute scenes when you get to rooms
• Location Trigger – Execute scenes when you get to locations
• Device Trigger – Execute scenes when a device is in a specific state
• Search – Find devices fast the smart way
• Synchronization – Automatic adjustment via your Apple iCloud account
• Authorization – Grant trusted persons access via Apple iCloud
• Remote access – Control devices from anywhere in the world
• Security – Protection against access by unauthorized third parties
• Settings – Separate settings prevent accidental modification during everyday use
• Apple Watch – All devices always close at hand
• IFTTT – Connect your LinkDesk Room Locator with IFTTT
• AR for HomeKit – Control HomeKit devices using ARKit 2
• Requires a device with iOS 11.0 or later
• Requires at least one smart home device that is compatible with Apple HomeKit
• For remote access, an Apple TV 4K, Apple TV (4th generation), Apple TV (3rd generation), or iPad is required
For further information on the Devices app please visit: www.linkdesk.com
We’re always happy to help. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions: email@example.com
• Support for Dark Mode in iOS 13.
• Additional minor bugfixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally this saved my dumb “smart” button
I have two VOCOlinc smart plugs in a shared office and using an app or voice assistant to turn the lights on and off was getting on everyone’s nerves so I finally purchased a Philips Hue smart button. I realized there was no way for me to program the button natively in HomeKit to turn on and off the lights. I searched the AppStore for apps and tried a few that didn’t do what I wanted until I found this one! It made it so simple to program the switch to turn the lights on if they’re off and Vice versa. I don’t understand why HomeKit doesn’t allow more than one action for the button. I’m just so glad I found a solution!! My one complaint and reason for not giving 5 stars though is because the app randomly crashes sometimes, which in my case is fine because I won’t really ever need to use it.
Settings could be better
My original review talked about the inability to change between °C and °F. The developer noted that this setting can be changed in the app settings inside your device settings. While it’s nice this is available, it is not very discoverable.
Moving these settings in-app would improve the app experience greatly. Otherwise, app works as advertised.
Developer Response ,
You'll find the temperature unit selection in the general settings. Open the Apple "Settings" app, choose our app "Devices", and tap on "Temperature Units".
We're planning to enable the temperature unit settings directly in the app in the near future.
I do hope that, apart from the temperature unit selection, you're satisfied with our latest updates? :-)
Moritz from LinkDesk
“Well isn’t that special...“
But seriously, I like it. Clever use of the AR kit. I’ve been wondering when more apps would start to make use of this API...(can you tell I'm a programer?). I have enough devices in my abode to make it worthwhile to use. Lying in bed while pointing my phone at the corner lamp to turn in on and off. My [great]grandfather is probably rolling in his grave right now.
The app keeps losing the "link" to the device and I have to redo it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. With our new AR Feature we use Apple's ARKit, which just introduced environment persistency, enabling Apps to restore your Home in our case. Unfortunately it doesn't always works perfectly and is really dependent on your environment. We hope the Framework ARKit will be continuously being improved and will provide you a better and better experience in the future. Until then we recommend you to point your camera to recognisable spots like floors with a lot trigger points ( when you can see a lot of the yellow dots on the screen ).
Alex from Linkdesk
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- 81.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- More Triggers $4.99