Wallflower turns an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into an interactive control panel on the wall, for everyone to use.
* Version 1.0 is meant for everyone who has a few HomeKit devices in one location and looks for a controller for that room or zone. Future versions will significantly broaden the scope of the app.
* Wallflower is optimized for running 24/7 on your wall.
* Based on HomeKit: It supports lights, thermostats and ACs, switches, outlets, contact sensors (doors, windows), and sensors for temperature, humidity, air quality, particulate matter, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), carbon dioxide, light intensity, air pressure and noise. There's more to come.
* The interface is optimized to be looked at from far away. When it is not in use for a while, some elements are hidden, and colorful themes turn dark. They show up again, when you approach the device. When it's dark in the room, Wallflower can turn the display way down.
* All sensor data is drawn into the same graph: Values from multiple sensors are merged intelligently.
* All issues for your smart home (like empty batteries, network problems, …) are conveniently displayed on the top.
* There is no tracking in the app. And no extra analytics beyond the anonymized basics that the AppStore provides for the users that opted in. There's no invasive 3rd party frameworks either. We don’t want your data, your home is yours, and yours alone.
* Settings are protected against unauthorized tinkering via a passcode or - if your device supports it - with your face or fingerprint. And after a while of not using it, it turns back to the main screen.
* Wallflower makes a great wall clock. While it's kind of a placeholder right now for future functionality, it's likely to be the most accurate wall clock you own.
* There are multiple themes shipping with the app, which demo Wallflowers flexibility: If you contact us, we can build a theme, with your own colors, your corporate font, a custom watch face or even provide hand tailored icons for your devices.
* We optimized for all possible screen sizes and orientations, polished animations, made sure it works on old devices, created icons and even localized the power outlets, so you see the symbol that’s familiar in your country.
* You can get the latest and greatest iPad Pro, but Wallflower also runs on older devices. Get a used or low-end iPad or even an iPod touch. Wallflower even runs on iOS 9, though with a reduced feature set.
This update was a long time in the making, and is the foundation for the next few versions. A lot of things are new under the hood – It's faster, more flexible, more reliable and ready to be extended for the future. However: This version doesn't do much more than the previous version—but it should do everything it used to do, so there's no reason to hold it back.
A few small things are new though:
- More icons!
- More air sensors! Wallflower now supports Carbon Monoxide, Sulfur Dioxide, Ozone and others!
- Air quality is now more prominent next to the room name.
Ratings and Reviews
A good start. I wanted it for my living room but it doesn’t support TV’s yet.
Shame I had 2 waste a 2 week trial just to find that out😞
Still has promise and I’ll look again when it supports TV’s
Developer Response ,
Thank you, I'm working on supporting the complete set of HomeKit devices in the future. Unfortunately, as of iOS 13, Apple does not expose TVs to the HomeKit API, so I have no way of supporting it just yet. I hope Apple changes their mind on this in a future release, but it's up to them. BTW, you don't have to enter the 14 day trial to find that out: Wallflower's trial model is built in a way that you can use everything in the free version, so you know what you get when you pay. The restriction is the number of devices the app displays – so you only pay if you have a more complex setup.
Holds a lot of promise
I luv the interface and the big clock. I would like to use this on my nightstand to be able to quickly control my homekit devices; however it currently does not support my Lutron fan’s, although they appear in the app.
Also, the homepods do not appear so I am unable to control their statuses as well.
These would be my prerequisites for a subscription, so let me know if these are doable.
Honestly a huge fan and subscribed...
...But I’ve been asking for help via email and constantly getting bouncebacks saying they’ve been classified as junk. Can someone please contact me?
Developer Response ,
Sure, contact me directly at gernot at nxtbgthng dot com. I’ll also have a deeper look at the mail issue, hope that doesn’t happen to too many people! Sorry! (and: 1 Star?!?)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- nxtbgthng GmbH
- 39.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 nxtbgthng GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $47.99
- Monthly Subscription $7.49
- Home, Sweet Home $64.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.