• Stream dharma talks and guided meditations
• Search talk titles and descriptions by keyword
• Find the most recent talks
• Find talks by specific teachers
• Search a teacher's talks by keyword
• View talks you have previously played
• Share links to your favorite talks
• View teacher information
• Support teachers with your donations
• The app does not currently support downloading talks for offline playing. If you wish to play talks offline you may download talks from the Dharma Seed web site and sync the talks to your iTunes library on your iOS device.
• Access to talks using a “retreat code” is not supported.
Teachers offer their talks via Dharma Seed with the kind intention of dana, or generosity. These teachings are held to be priceless and made available to anyone who is interested, regardless of financial means. It is our deep wish and the wish of the teachers who offer teachings here that this continue. We also want our meditation teachers and Dharma Seed to thrive and continue their good work! To learn how you can offer support, please go to About - Donate in the app, or visit: dharmaseed.org/donate
We hope you enjoy the app.
• Talk playback continuity now supported when changing between wifi and cellular connections
• Data updates on launch are now more resilient to failures
• Now relies on the iOS setting for allowing cellular data usage
• Updated talk database
• Several small UI and other improvements
Thanks to all of you for the notes of gratitude, app feedback, and your patience between app updates. May all beings be happy.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing catalog of Buddhist teachings, talks & meditations
Thank you to Dharma Seed for compiling such an incredible catalog of talks & meditations.
Some functions that would be helpful would be a “favorites” section so one can easily star talks they’ve listened too. Additionally a “wishlist or listen later” section w would be great as I often am browsing through talks and see a number of them that I would like to listen to at a later point.
Life changing free meditations (and Buddhist teachings as well)
It blows my mind that there are so many meditation apps out there these days (Calm, Insight Timer, Headspace, I’ve tried them all) yet you have to PAY for all of them, except this one. This one is the real deal—spiritual teachers that share their teachings freely, out of the goodness of their hearts, so that inner peace can be accessible for everyone. If you’re not into the Buddhist talks, no worries, many of the teachers also give non-secular guided meditations. Tara Brach is one of my favorites. Definitely check out this app and see if it’s right for you, there’s no risk (or money!) at stake.
Love this app
I’ve come to use it regularly when I want to listen to talks about meditation practice and other life wisdom. The selection is amazing and continually growing.
I’d love it if this app provided a 15-sec rewind or fast forward function, like on Apple’s podcast app, that way I can relisten to parts I didn’t fully hear or want to think deeply on. The current time selector is too coarse; I end up rewinding by two or three minutes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.