Drafts, where text starts. The popular iOS note-taking and automation app now has a Mac companion!
Drafts on the Mac provides a great way to quickly capture ideas, thoughts, text snippets - or to access those created on the iOS and Apple Watch version via fast sync.
WRITE RIGHT NOW
Capture with the quick-entry window, accessible via global keyboard shortcut, or from the menu bar. Jot down any notes or ideas before they slip away.
EDIT YOUR WAY
ORGANIZE YOUR DRAFTS
Beyond just writing, you can keep things in order using the Inbox and Archive, using Flags or Tags to group items, or setting up a Workspace with custom filters for different scenarios.
ADVANCED ACTIONS COMING SOON
Users of Drafts for iPhone and iPad can expect advanced Actions and automation functionality – coming soon to the Mac version!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Share a single pro subscription between iOS and macOS versions of Drafts (iCloud required)
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Editor themes
• Create and Edit Actions (iOS only)
• Extra widgets and better share and capture options
• Enhanced URL Automation (iOS only)
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and update with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
For more detail, links to docs, and change history, visit: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-mac
- **Fix:** Performance improvements editing large MultiMarkdown drafts.
- **Fix:** Fix for timing issue with URL calls which update the draft loaded in the editor.
- **Change:** Move flagged indicator to title line in the draft list to allow more compact presentation.
- **Fix:** Minor changes to the way items in draft list are refreshed when changes occur.
- **Change**: Built with the most recent updates to system SDKs.
Ratings and Reviews
Fabulous app-joy to use
I have been using Drafts for a long time, beginning with the iOS version. I added the MacOS version and the integration of the two versions makes every part of my work flow smoother.
For example, I can dictate a note on my phone and it seemlessly syncs to my Mac desktop. As always, I can dictate a Draft note on my iPhone--the dictation is superior to ordinary Siri dictation, and send the note as an email, message--or use the information in a wide variety of ways. I add to Drafts constantly during the day from my desktop and my information is available anywhere. The seemless sync is a lifesaver.
This developer is responsive and dedicated to improving their products. They really seem to be a model for what a developer should be: take an idea, develop a cool implementation, make versions for all the Mac OS, and improve the product.
This product is a joy to use. Thanks!
The arrival of the Mac version enhances the usefulness of the iOS version that I've come to rely on for quick capture of notes, information, or longer article-writing tasks.
The two greatest features of this are: 1) It's available on all my devices with fast startup. On the Mac there's a menu bar icon for quick capture. It is my 1st stop when I have an idea and AFTER I type it I can decide if it's a note for export to Evernote, a to do for export to ToDoist, an email or tweet for export to the appropriate tool. 2) It uses MarkDown, a simple-to-learn way of formatting your text without having to reach for a menu: bullets, numbered lists, italics, bold, headers, or indent.
Perfect If You Live A Mac-Centric Life
A lot of people here are talking about how great it is to be able to dump into Drafts from the Mac, but I think the ability to copy and paste out of it from the Mac is at least as big a deal to me personally.
I've been on the beta for a few months, and it has become a key part of my daily routine to capture my thoughts on the go using the Apple Watch and iOS apps, see a little badge on the Drafts app for Mac when I sit down at the desk, and immediately take care of whatever it is that's sitting there waiting for me.
I love it.
- Agile Tortoise
- 16.2 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @2012-2019 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.