Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Also Available for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch! ##
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no figuring out what to name a file, no browsing folders and making decisions about your text before you've even written it.
Use the convenient menu bar capture window, or launch Drafts and start typing!
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable action bar below the editor to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your Mac, iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Capture from the menu bar capture window, or use global shortcut keys to open Drafts and start typing.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Editor improvements, TouchBar support, Medium posting and more...
### Editor Improvements
- Highlight insertion point option to draw different background for current cursor position.
- Editor setting to limit max characters per line**. Works along with margin settings to determine a maximum line length. Great for use with full screen mode to prevent excessively long lines.
### Other Additions
- "Run Action" option in drafts list contextual menu. Allows action to be run on multiple selected drafts. Select drafts and right-click to access.
- TouchBar support (when available). Uses same configuration options as to display and provide quick access to actions.
- Two new monochrome editor themes. Available to select in `File > Editor Preferences...`
- `Medium` action step type to post to Medium.com. Visit action directory for example actions.
- `Medium` script object to support scripting Medium API.
- Script steps now have a new "Allow asynchronous execution" option. When enabled, the action will wait for a call to `script.complete()` to know if a script step is finished. This allows use of async/await, Promises and other async function calls...but your script *must* call `script.complete()` of the action will timeout and fail after 60 seconds.
- `CallbackURL` objects have a read-only `url` property to debug the URL which will be used with the configured parameters.
### Other Fixes and Changes
- Hiding action group from list should not remove it from main menu.
- `Filemanager.readString` would not return undefined properly when file was not found.
- Inaccurate action directory URLs used for opening actions posted to the directory.
- Appending to a flagged draft from the capture window could unflag the draft.
- Misc. additional fixes and stability improvements.
For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-mac.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fabulous app-joy to use
I have been using Drafts for a long time, beginning with the iOS version. I added the MacOS version and the integration of the two versions makes every part of my work flow smoother.
For example, I can dictate a note on my phone and it seemlessly syncs to my Mac desktop. As always, I can dictate a Draft note on my iPhone--the dictation is superior to ordinary Siri dictation, and send the note as an email, message--or use the information in a wide variety of ways. I add to Drafts constantly during the day from my desktop and my information is available anywhere. The seemless sync is a lifesaver.
This developer is responsive and dedicated to improving their products. They really seem to be a model for what a developer should be: take an idea, develop a cool implementation, make versions for all the Mac OS, and improve the product.
This product is a joy to use. Thanks!
The arrival of the Mac version enhances the usefulness of the iOS version that I've come to rely on for quick capture of notes, information, or longer article-writing tasks.
The two greatest features of this are: 1) It's available on all my devices with fast startup. On the Mac there's a menu bar icon for quick capture. It is my 1st stop when I have an idea and AFTER I type it I can decide if it's a note for export to Evernote, a to do for export to ToDoist, an email or tweet for export to the appropriate tool. 2) It uses MarkDown, a simple-to-learn way of formatting your text without having to reach for a menu: bullets, numbered lists, italics, bold, headers, or indent.
Perfect If You Live A Mac-Centric Life
A lot of people here are talking about how great it is to be able to dump into Drafts from the Mac, but I think the ability to copy and paste out of it from the Mac is at least as big a deal to me personally.
I've been on the beta for a few months, and it has become a key part of my daily routine to capture my thoughts on the go using the Apple Watch and iOS apps, see a little badge on the Drafts app for Mac when I sit down at the desk, and immediately take care of whatever it is that's sitting there waiting for me.
I love it.
- Agile Tortoise
- 17.3 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © @2012-2020 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.